Multi-quote available in current PhPBB?

akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Multi-quote available in current PhPBB?

Post by akorcovelos »

Not that I don't like all the extra post counts I get, but one feature I really like in vBulletin was the multi-quote option to respond to several posts at once. Is this available in the new PhP? We haven't updated our site for quite some time, kinda out of the loop these days.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Multi-quote available in current PhPBB?

Post by jhnmdahl »

akorcovelos wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:36 pm Not that I don't like all the extra post counts I get, but one feature I really like in vBulletin was the multi-quote option to respond to several posts at once. Is this available in the new PhP? We haven't updated our site for quite some time, kinda out of the loop these days.
You can nest quotes, but there's no multi quote built into PHPBB 3. There's talk of including something like that in V4, which should be out shortly, and there are some unofficial extensions that are written by third parties that offer similar but less elegant functionality. If it doesn't come in V4, I'll look into what V4 extensions are available,

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Yeah, sometimes it’s just faster to make multiple posts than try to copy/paste and them wrap tags around the quotes. Hope they do it in 4! Thanks John.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Hmm. I never have figured out how some of you guys pull a single quote out of a post and tag it. Or how you post a pic or video in chat. So I'm sure posting in several threads all at once would be over my head. And more importantly, over BBs head. But given his height, nearly everything is over his head.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Ytmsn wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:52 am Hmm. I never have figured out how some of you guys pull a single quote out of a post and tag it. Or how you post a pic or video in chat. So I'm sure posting in several threads all at once would be over my head. And more importantly, over BBs head. But given his height, nearly everything is over his head.
Yt I'm in the same boat as you. I just type everything on my flip phone and what ever comes out comes out.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:31 am
Ytmsn wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:52 am Hmm. I never have figured out how some of you guys pull a single quote out of a post and tag it. Or how you post a pic or video in chat. So I'm sure posting in several threads all at once would be over my head. And more importantly, over BBs head. But given his height, nearly everything is over his head.
Yt I'm in the same boat as you. I just type everything on my flip phone and what ever comes out comes out.
Trust me...we know this already!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"