2020 Table Rock Lake Cobalt Regatta Roll Call!!

(AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MO, MS, SC, TN)
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 2020 Table Rock Lake Cobalt Regatta Roll Call!!

Post by tgrace98 »

Snowman73 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:37 am
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:22 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 pm You guys just needed to find lane 10 like I did. It was smooth 🤣

Next year it won’t be 2 runs to shell knob. Friday will be at Watson’s again and Saturday will be at chateau on the lake near Indian point.

The harbor flips their meet every year as they have a sales dock on Indian point and in Shell knob
True. I was on the inside of lane 1 out frt I was good. But when we stopped at the wrong turn I knew what he was talking about. It was all good. Hailey never got to sit down or should I say her butt never touched the seat. 😂😂
Lane 1 or 10 did you look good. I can’t believe how fast Saturday’s trek went. I’d say average was like 38-42mph? My daughter was screaming, “Mom, stop holding me so tight!”
I’m pretty sure from the kimberling city bridge to Campbell point I was at 5,000rpms. I got pinched by the 2 lead guys and ended up way in the back earlier so was playing catch up. Then when everyone missed that turn by Baxter I took lane 10 and hugged that point and went from the back to the lead dog. And once I got up there I wasn’t letting it go 🤣
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Macarokks
Commander
Commander

Post by Macarokks »

akorcovelos wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:18 am Love that boat! Is it a new owner? I saw it listed for sale after last years Regatta.
Rick has had this boat for years. This particular one wasn't listed. Don't think he'll ever sell it.
1979 19BR/1976 19CD
Little Dreamer/Lady D
Macarokks
Commander
Commander

Post by Macarokks »

akorcovelos wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:41 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:33 pm
akorcovelos wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:11 pm

Best pic so far!

I need to have a serious talk with Mrs Akor on going to this event next year! We’ve been planning a LOTO trip that’s fallen through 2 years in a row, but it sounds like this would be more fun.

I've done both so I can help you decide on this one.

Shootout is something every gear head should do once in their life. Seeing all the pure HP at the event and all the off shore powerboats is insane. its not as big as it use to be since they shortened the track. A lot of the big top gun guys skip it now. So you are seeing more amateur's now than in previous years.

Now the Regatta - what makes this unique is you are participating in it yourself. Sure it is not a power boat show as it is cobalts and all the people that enjoy them. But there is still plenty of action, things to see and do. Plus it is put on by some of the best folks in the country between the harbor and Andrew that puts on the classic cobalt event.
Great input T, kinda my thoughts as well. Didn’t know they shortened the course at the shootout, that’s disappointing. Wake Effect is gone, and I don’t think Quatar is coming anymore after they set the record, I assume on the longer course.

My Wife is really nervous about being on LOTO in a 25’ boat, though I’ve told her I’m clearly qualified to navigate the 4’ rollers coming off the 40’ yachts. TRL seems much more in her wheel house from an activity perspective, but like you as a die hard fear head I feel like I NEED to experience the Shootout at least once, and we have a house on the water with a slip available to us at MM23 near what I’m told is the end of the course. Either way, we WILL make the regatta in the next 2 years.
We do a LOTO trip every year in the 19'. It's fun and manageable but shootout is different story.
Friend of mine has taken his 253 to the Shootout no problem. Shootout is on my list. It's not just 4's, but 6's, and 8's, And they're not directional, it's a washing machine. I've seen pictures of a 40' cat in swells the length of his boat.
1979 19BR/1976 19CD
Little Dreamer/Lady D
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Macarokks wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:38 am
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:33 pm

I've done both so I can help you decide on this one.

Shootout is something every gear head should do once in their life. Seeing all the pure HP at the event and all the off shore powerboats is insane. its not as big as it use to be since they shortened the track. A lot of the big top gun guys skip it now. So you are seeing more amateur's now than in previous years.

Now the Regatta - what makes this unique is you are participating in it yourself. Sure it is not a power boat show as it is cobalts and all the people that enjoy them. But there is still plenty of action, things to see and do. Plus it is put on by some of the best folks in the country between the harbor and Andrew that puts on the classic cobalt event.
Great input T, kinda my thoughts as well. Didn’t know they shortened the course at the shootout, that’s disappointing. Wake Effect is gone, and I don’t think Quatar is coming anymore after they set the record, I assume on the longer course.

My Wife is really nervous about being on LOTO in a 25’ boat, though I’ve told her I’m clearly qualified to navigate the 4’ rollers coming off the 40’ yachts. TRL seems much more in her wheel house from an activity perspective, but like you as a die hard fear head I feel like I NEED to experience the Shootout at least once, and we have a house on the water with a slip available to us at MM23 near what I’m told is the end of the course. Either way, we WILL make the regatta in the next 2 years.
We do a LOTO trip every year in the 19'. It's fun and manageable but shootout is different story.
Friend of mine has taken his 253 to the Shootout no problem. Shootout is on my list. It's not just 4's, but 6's, and 8's, And they're not directional, it's a washing machine. I've seen pictures of a 40' cat in swells the length of his boat.
Thankfully the house we have is on a cove right at the finish line. My buddy said he usually just ties up the boat to the raft up and uses his jet ski to run to the house if they need something. We plan to get there early in the week so we can do some exploring before the weekend crowds showed up. We have 30+’ yachts on the chain, can’t be that much different, certainly used to the washing machine.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Macarokks wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:31 am
akorcovelos wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:18 am Love that boat! Is it a new owner? I saw it listed for sale after last years Regatta.
Rick has had this boat for years. This particular one wasn't listed. Don't think he'll ever sell it.
Was there two of them last year? I saw the twin listed on Facebook right after the regatta last time.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Macarokks
Commander
Commander

Post by Macarokks »

akorcovelos wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:29 pm
Macarokks wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:31 am
Was there two of them last year? I saw the twin listed on Facebook right after the regatta last time.
There were two 269's both last year and this year. I know them both personally and they didn't have theirs posted. Jackson has one in Indiana that's been on the market. They all have twins.
1979 19BR/1976 19CD
Little Dreamer/Lady D
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

akorcovelos wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:28 pm

Thankfully the house we have is on a cove right at the finish line. My buddy said he usually just ties up the boat to the raft up and uses his jet ski to run to the house if they need something. We plan to get there early in the week so we can do some exploring before the weekend crowds showed up. We have 30+’ yachts on the chain, can’t be that much different, certainly used to the washing machine.

The problem with LOTO is everyone has torn up the shoreline and installed seawalls to protect their yards. And it is a deep lake so the wake never has a chance to settle. So it is just rollers in every direction each way. Go slow pay attention and you will be fine. I did it in a 27ft baja with a single carb'd 454 that would maybe touch 40mph. You can handle it.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

tgrace98 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:36 pm
akorcovelos wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:28 pm

The problem with LOTO is everyone has torn up the shoreline and installed seawalls to protect their yards. And it is a deep lake so the wake never has a chance to settle. So it is just rollers in every direction each way. Go slow pay attention and you will be fine. I did it in a 27ft baja with a single carb'd 454 that would maybe touch 40mph. You can handle it.
Yeah, I’m good with it, convincing Mrs akor is another story.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:04 am One of my me fav pictures.
I lost #2 flag shortly after that picture somehow. 😂😂
Best pic so far!

I need to have a serious talk with Mrs Akor on going to this event next year! We’ve been planning a LOTO trip that’s fallen through 2 years in a row, but it sounds like this would be more fun.

Akor you need to make this happen! We all need to meet you face to face!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Ytmsn wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:03 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:04 am One of my me fav pictures.
I lost #2 flag shortly after that picture somehow. 😂😂
Best pic so far!

Akor you need to make this happen! We all need to meet you face to face!

For sure! Hopefully things have normalized by next year, as an RN working with COVID patients Mrs akor’s work has some pretty strict rules about personal travel...main reason we had to cancel all our trips this year.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
gemartini
Ensign
Ensign

Post by gemartini »

When, where can I see the drone videos taken at the bridge and Wilson's?
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

gemartini wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:07 pm When, where can I see the drone videos taken at the bridge and Wilson's?

Hey gemartini. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

Curious who had the drone footage. Matt? Usually these need to be downloaded and then uploaded to YouTube for the site to post.

Any pics of your Cobalt?

Again welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

AsLan7 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:27 pm
gemartini wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:07 pm When, where can I see the drone videos taken at the bridge and Wilson's?

Hey gemartini. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

Curious who had the drone footage. Matt? Usually these need to be downloaded and then uploaded to YouTube for the site to post.

Any pics of your Cobalt?

Again welcome aboard mate!

Andrew hired a guy or it was a friend of his? . It should be pretty cool. Might have to check fb to see if they load them there yet or the harbor site?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Saw the Drone so I’m sure it’s coming.
Just missed the exciting part of it landing back to the pilot in the washing machine by the bridge!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
gemartini
Ensign
Ensign

Post by gemartini »

My neighbor has a Cobalt, I rode with him in the Classics Regatta. My boat's a SunTracker pontoon, not as flashy as a Cobalt I'm afraid.