2020 Table Rock Lake Cobalt Regatta Roll Call!!

(AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MO, MS, SC, TN)
Dhooghe81
Commander
Commander

Re: 2020 Table Rock Lake Cobalt Regatta Roll Call!!

Post by Dhooghe81 »

Really enjoyed meeting so many new friends at the Classic and Regatta this weekend! So many nice people and awesome atmosphere! Cannot wait till next year!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2006 272 8.1gi
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:04 am One of my me fav pictures.
I lost #2 flag shortly after that picture somehow. 😂😂
Best pic so far!

I need to have a serious talk with Mrs Akor on going to this event next year! We’ve been planning a LOTO trip that’s fallen through 2 years in a row, but it sounds like this would be more fun.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

akorcovelos wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:11 pm
Best pic so far!

I need to have a serious talk with Mrs Akor on going to this event next year! We’ve been planning a LOTO trip that’s fallen through 2 years in a row, but it sounds like this would be more fun.

I've done both so I can help you decide on this one.

Shootout is something every gear head should do once in their life. Seeing all the pure HP at the event and all the off shore powerboats is insane. its not as big as it use to be since they shortened the track. A lot of the big top gun guys skip it now. So you are seeing more amateur's now than in previous years.

Now the Regatta - what makes this unique is you are participating in it yourself. Sure it is not a power boat show as it is cobalts and all the people that enjoy them. But there is still plenty of action, things to see and do. Plus it is put on by some of the best folks in the country between the harbor and Andrew that puts on the classic cobalt event.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

tgrace98 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:33 pm
Best pic so far!

Shootout is something every gear head should do once in their life. Seeing all the pure HP at the event and all the off shore powerboats is insane. its not as big as it use to be since they shortened the track. A lot of the big top gun guys skip it now. So you are seeing more amateur's now than in previous years.

Now the Regatta - what makes this unique is you are participating in it yourself. Sure it is not a power boat show as it is cobalts and all the people that enjoy them. But there is still plenty of action, things to see and do. Plus it is put on by some of the best folks in the country between the harbor and Andrew that puts on the classic cobalt event.
Great input T, kinda my thoughts as well. Didn’t know they shortened the course at the shootout, that’s disappointing. Wake Effect is gone, and I don’t think Quatar is coming anymore after they set the record, I assume on the longer course.

My Wife is really nervous about being on LOTO in a 25’ boat, though I’ve told her I’m clearly qualified to navigate the 4’ rollers coming off the 40’ yachts. TRL seems much more in her wheel house from an activity perspective, but like you as a die hard fear head I feel like I NEED to experience the Shootout at least once, and we have a house on the water with a slip available to us at MM23 near what I’m told is the end of the course. Either way, we WILL make the regatta in the next 2 years.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

akorcovelos wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:41 pm

Best pic so far!

Great input T, kinda my thoughts as well. Didn’t know they shortened the course at the shootout, that’s disappointing. Wake Effect is gone, and I don’t think Quatar is coming anymore after they set the record, I assume on the longer course.

My Wife is really nervous about being on LOTO in a 25’ boat, though I’ve told her I’m clearly qualified to navigate the 4’ rollers coming off the 40’ yachts. TRL seems much more in her wheel house from an activity perspective, but like you as a die hard fear head I feel like I NEED to experience the Shootout at least once, and we have a house on the water with a slip available to us at MM23 near what I’m told is the end of the course. Either way, we WILL make the regatta in the next 2 years.

I did it last in my old Baja 272 but we stayed on the niangua arm and barely had to hit the channel. If you go early and stay late you will be fine.

But yes they shortened the track from a standing mile to 3/4 of a mile after Mike Fiore from Outer Limits died in 2014.
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

tgrace98 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:53 pm

I did it last in my old Baja 272 but we stayed on the niangua arm and barely had to hit the channel. If you go early and stay late you will be fine.

But yes they shortened the track from a standing mile to 3/4 of a mile after Mike Fiore from Outer Limits died in 2014.
I saw video of that crash, tragedy. Still, we all know the risks, shortened course seems like a bad decision for the whole event, but I don’t live there.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

akorcovelos wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:56 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:53 pm

I saw video of that crash, tragedy. Still, we all know the risks, shortened course seems like a bad decision for the whole event, but I don’t live there.
Yeah just a horrible situation. Rick was working the throttles and had an inexperienced co pilot. Windy day and got the trim up a little high into a head wind and to the sky she went. I don't think a shorter track will keep that from happening again. That was also the year spirit of Qatar broke the top gun record. Which with a shorter track will never get broken again. Pretty much now American Ethanol runs uncontested in the top gun class so you have to watch the other classes for some competition.
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

Ytmsn wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:25 am Jeesh I'm late to the party! But we made it to TRL Wednesday evening in time for dinner, and then tried to keep up with everyone after that!

I freakin LOCE you guys! What a special group of family!

Tgrace thanks again for all you do and did. Thursday night at the clubhouse was really cool. It was really awesome to meet many of the members there, and that's something we need to continue on with every year.

Matt, thank you for all the lemonade, car bombs and laughs! You and Lisa really know how to bring life to the party! I value your knowledge, experience and expertise on all things. But most of all I value you and your bride as family!

Bfun, you are a beast! Guys you really should see how a great driver can handle the slop in a 22 foot boat like B does. Teri and I will miss seeing Oliver perched up in the bow directing B to jump a wake... The first few times we saw B veer off for no apparent reason and smash into a wave, we didn't k ow Oliver was pointing out a "big one" and Bfun would jump it!

Thunder it was a suprise to see you there, and I'm soooo glad you came, and even happier you brought your brother Conner. You guys are awesome, and I hope you both come back next year!

Big Block. My oldest bestie on the forum! You are just simply "Tha Man". Thanks for putting up with all the good natured ribbing that you're sure to get everywhere you go. Without getting all sappy, your friendship means a lot to me. All 5 ft of you! And really, you should get some sort of riser built to stand on behind the wheel. Those phone books you have stacked up look pretty tacky...

A7, Tuscany, Liquid? I'm calling you guys out for next year! You. Need. To. Be. There!

20200723_170456.jpg
20200724_115921.jpg
20200725_145153.jpg
20200725_151631.jpg1.jpg
It was fantastic to finally meet you yt! 😁 If your dog ever goes missing....it definitely wasn't me....🐕‍🦺😁
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I'm also ok picking another week/weekend just to meet up and not have to deal with another 200 boats on the water that are not normally there. Yes it's cool to see but we did our own thing anyways. I'm still down to donating to the charity for Andrew. It's a great cause
The water was very rough Saturday. Friday was but not nearly as bad. I'm just glad I followed that 262 and just cruised to Campbell PT for most of the way. Out frt was the way to go. I cruised at 4000 rpms and it was a good speed and pace.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Snowman73
Commander
Commander

Post by Snowman73 »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:16 pm I'm also ok picking another week/weekend just to meet up and not have to deal with another 200 boats on the water that are not normally there. Yes it's cool to see but we did our own thing anyways. I'm still down to donating to the charity for Andrew. It's a great cause
The water was very rough Saturday. Friday was but not nearly as bad. I'm just glad I followed that 262 and just cruised to Campbell PT for most of the way. Out frt was the way to go. I cruised at 4000 rpms and it was a good speed and pace.
Agree, totally. Saturday was rough. We backed off after the first 10 minutes. Too much investment for too rough of a return. That said, totally enjoyed rafting up with the group. Would definitely do it again. Btw, might be duplicating some of these pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2019 R5 Navy w/ KO Red - LilliPad
Lake Delavan
Snowman73
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Snowman73 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:52 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:16 pm I'm also ok picking another week/weekend just to meet up and not have to deal with another 200 boats on the water that are not normally there. Yes it's cool to see but we did our own thing anyways. I'm still down to donating to the charity for Andrew. It's a great cause
Agree, totally. Saturday was rough. We backed off after the first 10 minutes. Too much investment for too rough of a return. That said, totally enjoyed rafting up with the group. Would definitely do it again. Btw, might be duplicating some of these pictures.
Yea no need to scare the crap out of the precious cargo you had on board. Not worth it.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

You guys just needed to find lane 10 like I did. It was smooth 🤣

Next year it won’t be 2 runs to shell knob. Friday will be at Watson’s again and Saturday will be at chateau on the lake near Indian point.

The harbor flips their meet every year as they have a sales dock on Indian point and in Shell knob
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

tgrace98 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 pm You guys just needed to find lane 10 like I did. It was smooth 🤣

Next year it won’t be 2 runs to shell knob. Friday will be at Watson’s again and Saturday will be at chateau on the lake near Indian point.

The harbor flips their meet every year as they have a sales dock on Indian point and in Shell knob
True. I was on the inside of lane 1 out frt I was good. But when we stopped at the wrong turn I knew what he was talking about. It was all good. Hailey never got to sit down or should I say her butt never touched the seat. 😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Snowman73
Commander
Commander

Post by Snowman73 »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:22 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 pm You guys just needed to find lane 10 like I did. It was smooth 🤣

True. I was on the inside of lane 1 out frt I was good. But when we stopped at the wrong turn I knew what he was talking about. It was all good. Hailey never got to sit down or should I say her butt never touched the seat. 😂😂
Lane 1 or 10 did you look good. I can’t believe how fast Saturday’s trek went. I’d say average was like 38-42mph? My daughter was screaming, “Mom, stop holding me so tight!”
2019 R5 Navy w/ KO Red - LilliPad
Lake Delavan
Snowman73
gdane
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by gdane »

Ytmsn wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:25 am Jeesh I'm late to the party! But we made it to TRL Wednesday evening in time for dinner, and then tried to keep up with everyone after that!

I freakin LOCE you guys! What a special group of family!

Tgrace thanks again for all you do and did. Thursday night at the clubhouse was really cool. It was really awesome to meet many of the members there, and that's something we need to continue on with every year.

Matt, thank you for all the lemonade, car bombs and laughs! You and Lisa really know how to bring life to the party! I value your knowledge, experience and expertise on all things. But most of all I value you and your bride as family!

Bfun, you are a beast! Guys you really should see how a great driver can handle the slop in a 22 foot boat like B does. Teri and I will miss seeing Oliver perched up in the bow directing B to jump a wake... The first few times we saw B veer off for no apparent reason and smash into a wave, we didn't k ow Oliver was pointing out a "big one" and Bfun would jump it!

Thunder it was a suprise to see you there, and I'm soooo glad you came, and even happier you brought your brother Conner. You guys are awesome, and I hope you both come back next year!

Big Block. My oldest bestie on the forum! You are just simply "Tha Man". Thanks for putting up with all the good natured ribbing that you're sure to get everywhere you go. Without getting all sappy, your friendship means a lot to me. All 5 ft of you! And really, you should get some sort of riser built to stand on behind the wheel. Those phone books you have stacked up look pretty tacky...

A7, Tuscany, Liquid? I'm calling you guys out for next year! You. Need. To. Be. There!

20200723_170456.jpg
20200724_115921.jpg
20200725_145153.jpg
20200725_151631.jpg1.jpg
Well I'm really late to the party but taller than YT does that count Big Block??
The pic with the Texas flag is a classic YT you prolly ought to frame that one for your office!!
Just wanted to thank everyone that showed up so that we could get caught up.
I know Susie had a great time meeting the girls from the chat Lisa, Teri, Erin. That's a good thing to get the bosses involved.
Thanks for the Lemonades Matt. Stay well my chatter friends.
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake