Has anyone used a wake shaper?

Gezellig1
Ensign
Ensign

Has anyone used a wake shaper?

Post by Gezellig1 »

Any surfers out there who have used a wake shaper on their Cobalt? We have an R3 surf, dealer doesn’t think it will make any difference but I’ve talk to some experienced wake surfers who suggested it. For 150 bucks or so, if it could improve the wave at all it would seem like a no brainer.
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Has anyone used a wake shaper?

Post by ajcampen »

Please try it and report back. Before and after pics would be awesome
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Gezellig1 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 am Any surfers out there who have used a wake shaper on their Cobalt? We have an R3 surf, dealer doesn’t think it will make any difference but I’ve talk to some experienced wake surfers who suggested it. For 150 bucks or so, if it could improve the wave at all it would seem like a no brainer.
I asked the same question....here
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Gezellig1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Gezellig1 »

Thanks AsLan7. I’m going to give it a try!
Norris_Boating
Captain
Captain

Post by Norris_Boating »

Gezellig1 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:43 am Thanks AsLan7. I’m going to give it a try!
Please let us know how it works, I am really interested in seeing if it improves the wave on a cobalt surf series. My kids and surf all day long on our wave but I can't let the rope go, my kids say it is because I have no balance. I blame the wave! lol
2016 220
2019 R7 Surf
White and Red V8-380CE EVC DP (FWD) - 380 hp
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by MnLakeBum »

I’ve tried the Mission Delta wake shaper and couldn’t tell a difference with our R5. We struggled a bit in the beginning with staying in the wave but quickly figured it out. The board size and design makes a big difference on how much forward push you get. We have 4 boards now and my 3 kids all have a different one as their favorite. The wave on an R5 is bigger and steeper than many of the other surf boats and a bit trickier for beginners to learn on but others who are good surfers and own Supras, Mastercrafts, and Malibus love the R5 wave especially when we have 6+ people loaded in the boat.

Our latest challenge is how to stay in the surf wave ropeless with our wake foil that we just got 2 weeks ago. My so is just starting to figure it out and hopefully will master it this weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado