Need CS23 pics

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Need CS23 pics

Post by Big Block Power »

You could always use a 12 inch drop bar to lower the tongue and that will raise the drive so you can get it in the driveway?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

I think you should just bolt a caster wheel to the bottom of the lower unit just in case it hits the ground. :lol:
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Snowman8 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:04 am I think you should just bolt a caster wheel to the bottom of the lower unit just in case it hits the ground. :lol:
Or a steel plate so you can throw sparks like the low riders layin frame!!

Russ I did measure and I have 8-9" of clearance
CS23
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

dustinm wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:44 pm
Snowman8 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:04 am I think you should just bolt a caster wheel to the bottom of the lower unit just in case it hits the ground. :lol:

Russ I did measure and I have 8-9" 😂😂😂
Sounds like your dreaming again. 😂😂😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
JoelP
Ensign
Ensign

Post by JoelP »

Out on the water!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2020 CS 23 with Volvo 300hp
Dropped Anchor
Captain
Captain

Post by Dropped Anchor »

JoelP wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:54 pm Out on the water!
Beautiful boat! Gorgeous colors
2019 CS22
240 DP

Lake Martin, AL
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

So in shallow water you guys can't use your step at all can you? If the drive is trimmed up.
We anchor 90% of the time in 3ft or less.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:32 am So in shallow water you guys can't use your step at all can you? If the drive is trimmed up.
We still use our step in the shallow. Its like a step stool
CS23
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:32 am So in shallow water you guys can't use your step at all can you? If the drive is trimmed up.
If my drive is trimmed all the way up on my R5 the rear prop will hit the step. If I spin the prop a little it will clear the step but the prop can’t spin at all. If I leave the drive down just slightly then it doesn’t contact the step. We are rarely in shallow water but If we are trying to beach the boat the drive usually hits the sand before the bow when the beach is really flat. I have a Volvo but I would imagine that it would be slightly worse with a BB with a few hundred more pounds at the stern. If the bottom drops off fast then we are fine.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Snowman8 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:30 pm
If my drive is trimmed all the way up on my R5 the rear prop will hit the step. If I spin the prop a little it will clear the step but the prop can’t spin at all. If I leave the drive down just slightly then it doesn’t contact the step. We are rarely in shallow water but If we are trying to beach the boat the drive usually hits the sand before the bow when the beach is really flat. I have a Volvo but I would imagine that it would be slightly worse with a BB with a few hundred more pounds at the stern. If the bottom drops off fast then we are fine.
Wow. Thanks for the info S8. I'm sure we will see a post some day about the chunk taken out of the swim step from the boater who has the step down and the outdrive fully raised. :shock:
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

AsLan7 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:44 pm
Snowman8 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:30 pm
Wow. Thanks for the info S8. I'm sure we will see a post some day about the chunk taken out of the swim step from the boater who has the step down and the outdrive fully raised. :shock:
Our dealer warned us that they have had to replace an entire swimdeck due to that.

If the drive is up on our CS I have to spin the prop for the step to not sit on a blade and even then it is very close to the hub.
CS23