Need CS23 pics

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Need CS23 pics

Post by dustinm »

Anyone have any side shot pics? Any are helpful. We are trying to decide the color. The Cobalt website is a little sparse with photos of different color schemes.

We do have our color choice narrowed down to white bottom; with either black side hull with red boot stripe OR navy blue hull side. Tahoe grey for interior.
Last edited by dustinm on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
CS23
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Need CS23 pics

Post by dustinm »

These are what I have found, but they aren't real life photos either. Or the interior we want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CS23
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

What about orange?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

hey Im trying to eat here!! LOL just kidding. My wife has control of the colors, its her boat. The only reason she has me come along is to gas, launch, drive, roll up lilly pad, and load up at the end of the day.
CS23
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by BobRae99 »

dustinm wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:05 am Anyone have any side shot pics? Any are helpful. We are trying to decide the color. The Cobalt website is a little sparse with photos of different color schemes.

We do have our color choice narrowed down to white bottom; with either black side hull with red boot stripe OR navy blue hull side. Tahoe grey for interior.
Colour, of course, is a personal preference and I had difficulty choosing mine. I spoke to the Cobalt rep at the last boat show and he said the dark colours look really nice but if you are the type of person who obsesses over every little scratch, not the best idea.

I looked at Navy on the website and though that is what I would choose but when I saw a navy coloured boat at my dealer, it had more than a hint of turquoise and I didn't like it. I think red is pretty sharp with a black boot-stripe. As to the interior, the darker colours are becoming more popular and help hide dirt, but most boat interiors are still white. I'd consider the dark interior in my next boat.

Anyway, its an easy decision for you as your wife is picking the colour. It sounds like you will trailer rater Tham moor in the water - if that is the case, you could also do a coloured hull bottom, something Cobalt doesn't recommend if you moor in the water.

Good luck!
2019 Cobalt R3 - V8/350 - Ebony Hull w/ Knock Out Red Edge Stripe
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

BobRae99 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:00 pm
Colour, of course, is a personal preference and I had difficulty choosing mine. I spoke to the Cobalt rep at the last boat show and he said the dark colours look really nice but if you are the type of person who obsesses over every little scratch, not the best idea.

I looked at Navy on the website and though that is what I would choose but when I saw a navy coloured boat at my dealer, it had more than a hint of turquoise and I didn't like it. I think red is pretty sharp with a black boot-stripe. As to the interior, the darker colours are becoming more popular and help hide dirt, but most boat interiors are still white. I'd consider the dark interior in my next boat.

Anyway, its an easy decision for you as your wife is picking the colour. It sounds like you will trailer rater Tham moor in the water - if that is the case, you could also do a coloured hull bottom, something Cobalt doesn't recommend if you moor in the water.

Good luck!
Very true and excellent advise. Colors do not always look the same in person hence the reason Im asking. The 220S in my other thread,for example looked OK on the website but is stunning in real life. As you were probably typing I found this boat that I will present to the captain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dustinm on Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CS23
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by BobRae99 »

dustinm wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:15 pm
BobRae99 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:00 pm

Good luck!
Very true and excellent advise. Colors do not always look the same in person hence the reason Im asking. The 220S above for example looked OK on the website but is stunning in real life. As you were probably typing I found this boat that I will present to the captain.
That looks pretty sharp. Given that is a 10 series boat, you should be able to get the national pricing without having to haggle too much, which is a good thing if you are dealing with Martin Motor Sports.
2019 Cobalt R3 - V8/350 - Ebony Hull w/ Knock Out Red Edge Stripe
go4it
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by go4it »

I've been researching fenders on this site (since I'm considering a dark color too). One post said they were very happy with the job Polyform fenders (with covers) did in protecting their boat. I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone on this subject.

Thanks
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That boat looks sharp. I like the gender covers only because they say Cobalt on them. My boat is 17 years old and it's a black hull. So if you take care of your boat it will look new 17 years later. I guarantee mine looks like it just came off the showroom floor. So don't be afraid of a solid color.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
go4it
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by go4it »

Good to hear - I am leaning toward the dark blue hull. Thanks
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

go4it wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:57 pm Good to hear - I am leaning toward the dark blue hull. Thanks
We have no issues with our fenders marking up the hull. (Dark or light).
Just be prepared to put in the extra time with a dark hull to keep her shining over a white hull. Dark will oxidize a lot quicker and show it. You’ll need (or know someone with) a > 3000 rpm buffer to remove the dark hull oxidation. But they do shine up well with the right products and elbow grease.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
go4it
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by go4it »

Nice. I think you hit the nail on the head. I don't really want to put in too much time anymore - I used to, but with the time and energy I have I'm not up for it anymore.
All good food for thought before ordering - thanks
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Is this new boat going to be sitting out in the elements or stored in a garage when not being used. Huge diff on hill maintenance.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
go4it
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by go4it »

On a boat lift with a roof and screen mesh power side curtains. Because I leave the bimini up all of the time I can't raise the boat to "snug-up" tight under the roof for the best protection from the sun and have to rely on the mesh side curtains to protect the sides of the boat.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yea I've been seeing more people using sail shades to protect them and give themselves some shade.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!