akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: I loce this place

Post by akorcovelos »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:59 am
akorcovelos wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:21 am
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:35 pm Akro
We got a place on Green lake this year for a week. Middle of July! You should run up for the day!
That’s right after we move into the new house, I’ll need to play it by ear. You renting a house or is it at a condo complex?
I rented a cabin and my brother rented one also. I'm sure that won't be the only we are there this coming summer.
Do the cabins have docks? Yeah, I figure by July we’ll be settled enough to get away.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Yea they all do or we wouldn't go. Lol
I'm not sure if they are sold out yet though.
http://greenwaylogcottages.com/cottages.html
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

I’m sure 90% of people know this already, but you can click the three stacked horizontal line “hamburger” at the top left, next to the mchat pull down, and select “new posts” from the menu that drops down to see what’s happened since the last time you logged on. It’s how usually catch up.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

jhnmdahl wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:55 pm I’m sure 90% of people know this already, but you can click the three stacked horizontal line “hamburger” at the top left, next to the mchat pull down, and select “new posts” from the menu that drops down to see what’s happened since the last time you logged on. It’s how usually catch up.
Can't say I ever used that. I use the big red balls!
I pass on the blue balls! 🔴🔴😂😂🔵🔵
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

liquid wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:18 am
akorcovelos wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:49 am
Dudley67 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:32 pm Funny I quit Facebook, due to privacy concerns, read some on here, but figured I was safer hanging out with this bunch of internet weirdo's than being tracked and categorized on Facebook.
you're 100% correct Dud, this place is 100x safer and better than Faceplace. I'm a sucker for convenience, and when I have only have a few min to jump on FB is just easier. Plus, this place has gotten so busy it gives me anxiety trying to keep up with the posts, lol. That said, this will always be my internet home, where I pop it and eat all the food out of the fridge and dump a bag of dirty laundry for you all to enjoy. :)
I completely understand and relate to this post.
Ditto. I'm not a big fan of social media. I can watch Sports Center and see the problems social media causes. I'm constantly telling my wife and daughter, "Wouldn't it be easier to make a 30 second phone call than texting back and forth for 5 minutes?" But I'm old.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Alaskabound
Captain
Captain

Post by Alaskabound »

John, I’m in that 10%. Didn’t know about hamburger line, blue or red balls lol. I do good just to log on. My wife goes on Facebook but not me.

Dub
2017 220S (280 HP Volvo duoprop)
Live in Shepherdsville, KY
Boat at Laurel Lake (London, KY)
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

I always use the new posts function, or the ‘your posts’, or recently because this place is so busy I use the ‘active topics’ button.

I was trying to help someone on a Facebook Superduty page and posted a link to a forum post with the answer to their question. The response I got was along the lines of ‘forums are for old people, who uses those anymore”, then proceeded to continue asking the same question instead of reading the link I sent...
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

akorcovelos wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:50 am I always use the new posts function, or the ‘your posts’, or recently because this place is so busy I use the ‘active topics’ button.

I was trying to help someone on a Facebook Superduty page and posted a link to a forum post with the answer to their question. The response I got was along the lines of ‘forums are for old people, who uses those anymore”, then proceeded to continue asking the same question instead of reading the link I sent...
Dam you’re old 😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

I was going to ask -who uses Facebook anymore? I quit years ago, but I’m still here…
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

According to youngsters Facebook is for old people too, lol.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

jhnmdahl wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:55 pm I’m sure 90% of people know this already, but you can click the three stacked horizontal line “hamburger” at the top left, next to the mchat pull down, and select “new posts” from the menu that drops down to see what’s happened since the last time you logged on. It’s how usually catch up.
I'm in the 10% who didn't know....now I'm using it a lot to catch up and get excited about coming season. Thanks.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

bump. :)
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes