CS23 versus R3

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
GhostWhisperer
Commander
Commander

Re: CS23 versus R3

Post by GhostWhisperer »

We were told the same thing by our dealer-even when ordering. The added inches are all in the center of the space so it really didn't matter for us with the money and weight savings. To me it's splitting hairs when you're inside both. I was glad to hear Cobalt decided to keep the CS's in the line up. I know the big boats sell the best for them, but there are a lot of us out there who still want that trailerable high end stuff that no one else in the market serves.
2021 CS22 - Black Hull/White Bootstrap/Red Platform and Logo - Volvo DP 280 V6 - North Georgia Lakes - Boat name: "GHOST"
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Thats weird all 3 of our local dealers have a CS23 in stock and only 1 has a CS22 (regional thing?). The one with a CS22 has a local lake with a size restriction that the 22 just fits in. I do now see its roughly an 8K savings. It was out for us because we need the 12 passenger rating.
CS23
GhostWhisperer
Commander
Commander

Post by GhostWhisperer »

I take everything a dealer says with a grain of salt, for sure. They stock 23's and 22's, and only expressed more of an opinion when they found out we were ordering. We just liked the proportions of the 22 for us - easy tow, launch, and still plenty of room inside. The most people we can stand at one time has never crossed the "six" line, so max capacity wasn't an issue with us!
2021 CS22 - Black Hull/White Bootstrap/Red Platform and Logo - Volvo DP 280 V6 - North Georgia Lakes - Boat name: "GHOST"
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

GhostWhisperer wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:08 pm I take everything a dealer says with a grain of salt, for sure. They stock 23's and 22's, and only expressed more of an opinion when they found out we were ordering. We just liked the proportions of the 22 for us - easy tow, launch, and still plenty of room inside. The most people we can stand at one time has never crossed the "six" line, so max capacity wasn't an issue with us!
Even though our Coast Guard rating says 12 people, I feel like eight is a crowd. Someone has to move to get a beer. Someone else has to move to put empty can into trash.....etc. Some of my favorite weekends are just me and my bride. Even then, I don't get my music choices.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Dropped Anchor
Captain
Captain

Post by Dropped Anchor »

All I can tell you is this, if you own a CS 22 or 23 from early 2020 and older, your boat is probably worth a lot more than you paid for it. That is extremely rare for a boat.
2019 CS22
240 DP

Lake Martin, AL
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Dropped Anchor wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:19 pm All I can tell you is this, if you own a CS 22 or 23 from early 2020 and older, your boat is probably worth a lot more than you paid for it. That is extremely rare for a boat.
What did they list for back then? In Sept we were still able to catch the Cobalt factory discount and the dealer also gave a discount.
CS23
Anesslet
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Anesslet »

We ordered a CS23 and it should be here in June. The dealer had both a 22 and a 23. For us the extra foot is worth the money. A foot is a foot and I’ll take the extra room. The 22 is obviously right for some people but I wanted the extra room.
Andy
2021 CS23
Mercruiser 350