WTB 263 cuddy

(Cobalt Boats)
Jeniper74
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: WTB 263 cuddy

Post by Jeniper74 »

The guy sent me a buch of pics i would like to share with you guys.
Jeniper74
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jeniper74 »

I never thought about buying a salt water boat being a midwest boater.

Love to here some input!
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Jeniper74 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:31 pm The guy sent me a buch of pics i would like to share with you guys.
Go to attachments.
395E50F5-63F1-4BEC-9ABC-392CB124D453.jpeg
Open and go to photos.

9F1DF695-FBBB-4ED2-8C3D-864FE17FAC9C.jpeg
Add and done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Jeniper74 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:29 pm Ive owned 5 boats. 4 mercusers and 1 OMC. The OMC was a nightmare on the back of a 21' Donzi...89 i think. Mostly alphas abd one bravo. Never any issues with the mercs.

Getting back to this 263 on Facebook. The guy is out of Georga via Ft Lauderdale FL. Says he buys and sells Cobalts
I talked to him today and he claims its a fresh water boat. Says its out of Tennessee but it has North Carolina tags on it. Nice enough guy but it looks like a salt water boat to me. Im a midwest OCD guy looking.for something clean. The trailer has a sticker from a New Jersey on it. By the looks of the drive im betting its a salt water boat. Everything im reading it says to avoid salt water boats at all costs.
Im not feeling this one.
Thoughts guys? How do I post pictures by the way??
What’s the trailer look like and is it original....
Is it galvanized or painted steel?

Freshwater Cobalts will normally have freshwater painted steel trailers under them. Saltwater boats have aluminum or galvanized trailers under them. A trailer can tell you a lot about a boat.

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Elkhunter2372
Commander
Commander

Post by Elkhunter2372 »

Don't know if a 273 fits your bill, but my Denver Cobalt dealer has one. I sent you a PM with details on it. 2016 with 45 hours. I was on it in the showroom and its beautiful.
Bill Hampton
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO

Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
Jeniper74
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jeniper74 »

Appreciate the instruction!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeniper74
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jeniper74 »

Looks salty to me?
kbloom72
Commander
Commander

Post by kbloom72 »

Jeniper74 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:41 am Looks salty to me?
I'm with you, it looks a bit salty to me. With limited inventory and being the model you're looking for, having a survey done on it may be the best way to find out if this a good boat for you.
2005 Cobalt 262
Fox River Grove, IL
Jeniper74
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jeniper74 »

Looks like a galvanized trailer. Seeing the boat came out of New Jersey and spent time in North Carolina im sure it seen some salt water.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Sure is.
Not a saltwater fan myself. I’ve seen firsthand what it does to my other family members boats...as meticulous as they are at taking care of them.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Jeniper74
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jeniper74 »

AsLan7 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:13 pm .
Sure is.
Not a saltwater fan myself. I’ve seen firsthand what it does to my other family members boats...as meticulous as they are at taking care of them.
How do you feel about the price point for what your seeing ?
Hes not willing to move much on the price.

Can you also tell me how the cockpit layout works for you? How many people can you comfortably put on her?
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Jeniper74 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:27 pm
Sure is.

Can you also tell me how the cockpit layout works for you? How many people can you comfortably put on her?
The seller’s price is high but in this market they just might get that price.
If you want a project boat then this is your baby.
The roller trailer will leave hook marks in the hull. You’ll want a bunk trailer for longer storage so factor that into your cost.
You’ll curse yourself removing and occasionally snapping off rusty bolts as you work on her.
The outdrive is a mess. It’s more than just galvanic corrosion.
Are you mechanically inclined to do all that? (( or do you have a buddy who will?)

Again I’m not a saltwater fan at even the lowest price point. Just too much work.

I’ve had 12-16 persons on our 262 and 11-13 on our 263. We look like a refugee boat. But when you get them all out tubing at once it frees things up. :D Regular loads are 8-10 comfortably. The wrap around seating with the transom filler cushion (a must IMHO) is the bomb. 4-6 in the bow and the rest in the cockpit. I’m a big fan of the center walk through with horseshoe seating. You can really balance the load well and pack ‘em in. After 2007, rear side entry models became the norm.

Our 263 has the extra extended swim platform. Our 262 did not. It’s one of my favorite features and would not own another Cobalt without one. It really extends your space and play area. 👌🏻

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Jeniper74
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jeniper74 »

AsLan7 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:42 pm
Jeniper74 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:27 pm
Sure is.

The seller’s price is high but in this market they just might get that price.
If you want a project boat then this is your baby.
The roller trailer will leave hook marks in the hull. You’ll want a bunk trailer for longer storage so factor that into your cost.
You’ll curse yourself removing and occasionally snapping off rusty bolts as you work on her.
The outdrive is a mess. It’s more than just galvanic corrosion.
Are you mechanically inclined to do all that? (( or do you have a buddy who will?)

Again I’m not a saltwater fan at even the lowest price point. Just too much work.

I’ve had 12-16 persons on our 262 and 11-13 on our 263. We look like a refugee boat. But when you get them all out tubing at once it frees things up. :D Regular loads are 8-10 comfortably. The wrap around seating with the transom filler cushion (a must IMHO) is the bomb. 4-6 in the bow and the rest in the cockpit. I’m a big fan of the center walk through with horseshoe seating. You can really balance the load well and pack ‘em in. After 2007, rear side entry models became the norm.

Our 263 has the extra extended swim platform. Our 262 did not. It’s one of my favorite features and would not own another Cobalt without one. It really extends your space and play area. 👌🏻

Much appreciated! Great info!. How is the ride on the big water? Is it as good as im reading about? Is it a wet ride when things get rough?

I really want that extended platform! I am mechanically inclined but i really dont want to take on a project! That trailer is a turnoff for sure. My gut is telling me to pass on this one.
Jeniper74
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jeniper74 »

You let me know when you are ready to aell me yours!
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

I got an update from the club and this one is still listed for sale

https://mycobalt.net/2020/09/24/2005-co ... ale-in-nh/
CS23