WHat is best way to attach to tow pylon

DeadOn04
Commander
Commander

WHat is best way to attach to tow pylon

Post by DeadOn04 »

Just getting set up for our first summer with our cobalt. Previously I have always towed using D-rings and the Y connector. Our 232 has the rounded top type tow pylon. What's the best way to hook up to this? Just loop around it or is there an attachment piece that works better. Starting out with the WoW Macho Lay/Sit/Kneel Combo tube along with the Turbo 4k Rope w/ bobber.
Pylon.jpg
trubo.jpg
Macho Tube.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2012 Formula 310 FX5
2007 232 6.2L (SOLD)
Fort Walton Beach, FL
mdadgar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: WHat is best way to attach to tow pylon

Post by mdadgar »

I push a section of rope through the loop at the end and put that over the top of the pylon. It pulls tight around the narrow part of the pylon and doesn't go anywhere.

- Mark
2013 Cobalt A25, 6.0 VP 380hp "More Cowbell"
Monte Sereno, CA (winter) | Lake Don Pedro (summer)
Boats are for when I'm not racing cars
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

mdadgar wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:46 pm I push a section of rope through the loop at the end and put that over the top of the pylon. It pulls tight around the narrow part of the pylon and doesn't go anywhere.

- Mark
Yes I just double loop it on there.
On the 232 you might not need the booster ball. Try it first without it. I didn't need it on my boat. If you were going off the 2 eyes like before then yes.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
DeadOn04
Commander
Commander

Post by DeadOn04 »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:27 pm
mdadgar wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:46 pm I push a section of rope through the loop at the end and put that over the top of the pylon. It pulls tight around the narrow part of the pylon and doesn't go anywhere.

- Mark
Yes I just double loop it on there.
On the 232 you might not need the booster ball. Try it first without it. I didn't need it on my boat. If you were going off the 2 eyes like before then yes.
Alright ill give it a try. Another few weeks should be warm enough, at least for the kids...
2012 Formula 310 FX5
2007 232 6.2L (SOLD)
Fort Walton Beach, FL
mdadgar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mdadgar »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:27 pm On the 232 you might not need the booster ball. Try it first without it. I didn't need it on my boat. If you were going off the 2 eyes like before then yes.
Agree. We tried the booster balls and we thought they made the spray worse, not better.

I have 2 booster balls, one used once and one never used, that I would let go cheap if anyone wants to try them.

- Mark
2013 Cobalt A25, 6.0 VP 380hp "More Cowbell"
Monte Sereno, CA (winter) | Lake Don Pedro (summer)
Boats are for when I'm not racing cars
DeadOn04
Commander
Commander

Post by DeadOn04 »

Hit the water today, tons of fun. Booster ball was fine and kept the line easily out easily out of the water. There was a bit of spray but nothing drastic. Small improvement with ball in our opinion, but it also adds increased visibility to other boats while towing so will keep it for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2012 Formula 310 FX5
2007 232 6.2L (SOLD)
Fort Walton Beach, FL