San Diego Cobalt 190

(AK, CA, HI, OR, WA)
ocurtis
Commander
Commander

San Diego Cobalt 190

Post by ocurtis »

Hello all,
any others from San Diego on here? I bought a 1999 Cobalt 190 last year with 175 hours - still awesome and completely flawless but sure am wanting a bigger boat! We mostly boat int he San Diego bay and it can get choppy!

we are heading to Powell in July for a week and a long weekend in Havasu come October.

after that it may be time for it to go! really considering one of these new outboard model boats since I spend most of my time in the ocean.
1999 Cobalt 190
5.0 EFI w/ BV3
San Diego CA
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: San Diego Cobalt 190

Post by kas232ca »

We are close by in San Clemente. We keep our boat in Lake Havasu though. Even before we had a house at the river, we kept it out there to avoid the CA luxury tax.
2006 Cobalt 232 8.1 420hp.
Lake Havasu, AZ
crmoncada
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crmoncada »

Hello, we live in San Diego but I sail on Lake Havasu, I want to do the trip to Catalina Island, has anyone done it in the past? How hard to do is it?
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by kas232ca »

crmoncada wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:49 am Hello, we live in San Diego but I sail on Lake Havasu, I want to do the trip to Catalina Island, has anyone done it in the past? How hard to do is it?
We were over in Catalina a couple of weeks ago. Took the Catalina Express though. Saw several whales on the way over and back.

I've been over on small power and sailboats before and it is fun but it was never my boat and I didn't know any better. I would not do it from San Diego in a small boat though as it is pretty far and through shipping lanes. You need to leave early in the morning, spend the night then come back the next morning. You also need to get there early to make sure you get a mooring ball. It can get really choppy in the afternoon if you try to come back then. There is no cell coverage in the middle of the crossing, so you must have a VHF radio.

http://www.cityofavalon.com/filestorage ... 2-2023.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2006 Cobalt 232 8.1 420hp.
Lake Havasu, AZ