23SC questions

(23SC, 25SC, 30SC, 24SD, 26SD)
RJ1
Ensign
Ensign

23SC questions

Post by RJ1 »

Hi all,

Last summer I finally pulled the trigger and bought a new 23SC with a 300HP Verado. I love this boat but have one question. Is it normal for a Cobalt to list a little to the left? When I am on a plane by myself at the help on the right with no extra weight the boats has a slight list to the left. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Rick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 23SC questions

Post by Krob1114 »

It doesn't take much. Saturday, wife was driving. Her friend in bow. I was in rear facing seat watching the wake. I noticed a small roster tail on the star board side only. As I moved slowly toward the port side, I could see it get smaller, then one started coming up on the port side. When I moved into a certain position, they were equal and I thought of how much moving 240 lbs (me) a distance of one foot makes....duh...240 ft-lbs. My sister once had a job for Northwestern Air Lines where her main duty was balancing the plane.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

RJ1 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:37 pm Hi all,

Last summer I finally pulled the trigger and bought a new 23SC with a 300HP Verado. I love this boat but have one question. Is it normal for a Cobalt to list a little to the left? When I am on a plane by myself at the help on the right with no extra weight the boats has a slight list to the left. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Rick
Is it duel prop or single?
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I would say no. But they could be that way because you always have someone in the Captain's spot so maybe they try to offset it. How is it empty sitting in the water? Where are the batteries, where is all of your gear?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
RJ1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by RJ1 »

It's a single prop.

I think most of my gear is balanced for weight. It just seems off to me for a high end boat to list.
Nflder
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nflder »

My 25SC listed to the left as well. Cobalt has the port side stacked with gear fairly well (dual battery, freshwater/black water tanks, head/macerator, etc). I did move the batteries to the starboard side, didn’t really remedy the problem. Ended up installing lenco autoglide system. This system is slick...once setup, takes care of attitude of boat completely.
2017 Cobalt 25SC - Evinrude 300 e-tec G2