Underwater Lights

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
SAB220
Captain
Captain

Re: Underwater Lights

Post by SAB220 »

What about the RWB controller and dimmer for UW lights?
2004 220
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

SAB220 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:30 am What about the RWB controller and dimmer for UW lights?
If your asking me it's a separate remote. If I wanted to tie it in with my other one I could I just didn't as I'm getting to the limit on that Circuit.

I don't ride at night. But it looks great on the garage! That is why I didn't do holes and install proper ones. So it's a good option for us.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
SAB220
Captain
Captain

Post by SAB220 »

Understood. I'm just wondering how do change the colors or change the light intensity. You need a controller. Most likely the UW OEM should provide the controller, but sometimes aftermarket controllers are better then the OEM Just wondering what they are.

BBP - I go to bed early but those other people, whom I'm related, fill the coolers with cans which brands I never seen before, and play with other boats at night on the lake. I stay home to watch the ball game!
2004 220
SAB220
Captain
Captain

Post by SAB220 »

O'k got the UW lights installed but the Poco controller LEDs stay energized. Controller only controls UW lights. Has anybody installed a inline switch to shut-off (isolate) the Poco? Controller may draw down the house battery on the mooring for a week/2 weeks. Thanks
2004 220
SAB220
Captain
Captain

Post by SAB220 »

Installed Blue Sea two switch toggle Panel where the old Sony radio control was on the helm to control the Poco UW control panel led lights ...I know its small drain for the house battery but the boat spends most of its time on a mooring.
2004 220
baktasht
Captain
Captain

Post by baktasht »

I just installed a blue/white Lumitec Seablaze X2 on our Cobalt 292 yesterday. I'll have it out on the water tomorrow evening to see how bright it is in the water. Judging by the brightness on land, I think one will be enough for us.

Here's the install video:

-
VTENGR
Captain
Captain

Post by VTENGR »

baktasht wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:17 pm I just installed a blue/white Lumitec Seablaze X2 on our Cobalt 292 yesterday. I'll have it out on the water tomorrow evening to see how bright it is in the water. Judging by the brightness on land, I think one will be enough for us.

-
Great video. Did you end up countersinking the 1/2" hole too, or just the screw holes? Figured you should chamfer all holes in gelcoat. Also, did you consider adding a fuse panel by your bus bars to maybe future proof your boat for any additional 12v accessories you may add?
2022 R6 VP350 Ebony/Frost/White
baktasht
Captain
Captain

Post by baktasht »

VTENGR wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:53 pm
baktasht wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:17 pm I just installed a blue/white Lumitec Seablaze X2 on our Cobalt 292 yesterday. I'll have it out on the water tomorrow evening to see how bright it is in the water. Judging by the brightness on land, I think one will be enough for us.

-
Great video. Did you end up countersinking the 1/2" hole too, or just the screw holes? Figured you should chamfer all holes in gelcoat. Also, did you consider adding a fuse panel by your bus bars to maybe future proof your boat for any additional 12v accessories you may add?
I had a 5/8 countersink that I used to put a slight chamfer on the 1/2" hole. I didn't want to take too much off of the lip on that one since there's no fastener in that particular hole, just chamfer the lip a little.

Good call on the bus bars!!! Those bus bars are really there just for my house batteries to come together before connecting to one of the battery switches. So I shouldn't be connecting anything to them. On the list of things to do this coming week is to re-route the power for the Lumitec lights and the USB port I added yesterday over to a breaker I need to install in the rear area. My only breakers currently are in the front of the boat, definitely would be nice to have a panel in the pack as well as we add more accessories over time.
baktasht
Captain
Captain

Post by baktasht »

We went out yesterday for an afternoon cruise that stretched into the night. The single Seablaze X2 had plenty of light to keep everyone happy. I think I may add a second one later on just so it's symmetrical, but overall it was a great addition!
PXL_20220521_021627687.jpeg
PXL_20220521_025921213.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Looks nice. Those are great lights. I agree add another set. Let's get a shot of them while running! It's so cool 👍
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Titaniumboy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Titaniumboy »

That looks like a great addition to the boat. This LED light seems kind of expensive at over $400 on Amazon. Or at least it was yesterday, now it is listed at $330. That seems like a wild price swing.
2007 Cobalt 240 with Merc 496 MAG Bravo 3
1977 18’ Beachcraft with Ford 302 V8 OMC 190
Whiskey Slough Marina
Holt, CA
baktasht
Captain
Captain

Post by baktasht »

Titaniumboy wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:02 pm That looks like a great addition to the boat. This LED light seems kind of expensive at over $400 on Amazon. Or at least it was yesterday, now it is listed at $330. That seems like a wild price swing.
$330 is pretty good. West Marine has them for $440.
Titaniumboy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Titaniumboy »

Yeah, West Marine is always the price leader.

How did you end up choosing this particular light out of all the choices on the market? I really like the machined brass housing as it looks very classy.
Whiskey Slough Marina
Holt, CA
baktasht
Captain
Captain

Post by baktasht »

Titaniumboy wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:24 pm Yeah, West Marine is always the price leader.

How did you end up choosing this particular light out of all the choices on the market? I really like the machined brass housing as it looks very classy.
I looked at a lot of various brands, looked at what various friends had on their boats and the Lumitec Seablaze Quattro and the the Seablaze X2 seemed to be build the most sturdy out of the many I saw. Did some online research and it seems the Lumitec underwater lights have a pretty solid reputation and good support after purchase from the company. The Quattro is only 2000 lumens and I thought that might not be enough and would end up needing 3-4 lights to get enough light output. The Seablaze X2 is 6000 lumens, and that seemed to be just about perfect for us. And I really like that there is no requirement for a color controller or anything. So far it's only been a couple days but I am pretty impressed with the physical build quality, the heavy weight in hand, and the light output.
Titaniumboy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Titaniumboy »

How has the Seablaze X2 worked out for you this summer so far? You have the blue/white version and not the Seablaze X2 Spectrum light, correct?

Did you decide to add a second one, or are you going to stay with the single light? Is there anything you would change?
Whiskey Slough Marina
Holt, CA