New R6 Surf

(AK, CA, HI, OR, WA)
dordevich123
Ensign
Ensign

New R6 Surf

Post by dordevich123 »

Purchased one that is set to build in May. Does it come with fenders or do I need to buy separately? To that point any fenders that people recommend?

Thank you thank you.
VTENGR
Captain
Captain

Re: New R6 Surf

Post by VTENGR »

Full disclosure - I'm waiting on my R6 aslo... With that being said, I don't believe the boat will come with them. You'll get 4 quick release pegs and line, but not fenders - that's my understanding, at least.

Seems from my research, the Taylor Made Big B or Super Guard are popular choices. That's what I'm going to to go with when my R6 arrives (early March).

https://www.overtons.com/taylor-made-su ... at-fenders
https://www.overtons.com/taylor-made-bi ... at-fenders
2022 R6 VP350 Ebony/Frost/White
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I would buy fender covers right away also 👍
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

I wouldn’t think the boat will come with fenders. But, your dealer might throw them in at the time of sale with some life jackets, anchor and other boating essentials??? I have purchased 3 new boats throughout the years and have LOTS of extra life jackets, anchors, dock lines, flares and other stuff that the dealers have thrown in as part of the deal. The dealers I have purchased boats from basically set them up so you can put the boat in the water right after you leave the dealership and be legal on the water.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Snowman8 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:52 pm I wouldn’t think the boat will come with fenders. But, your dealer might throw them in at the time of sale with some life jackets, anchor and other boating essentials??? I have purchased 3 new boats throughout the years and have LOTS of extra life jackets, anchors, dock lines, flares and other stuff that the dealers have thrown in as part of the deal. The dealers I have purchased boats from basically set them up so you can put the boat in the water right after you leave the dealership and be legal on the water.
They also set them up with the best trailer on the market! EzLoader! 😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Fenders did not come with my boat. I told dealer to throw 4 on the boat. Manager said he would take it out of saleman's commission.
Fender clips were an optional on our 2019. We like them.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Cctvdc
Commander
Commander

Post by Cctvdc »

Out 2018 R7 came with fenders with covers and dock lines as well as all the coast guard required safely equipment. I would think that if you are buying a Cobalt that this should be included in the purchase.
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:55 pm
Snowman8 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:52 pm I wouldn’t think the boat will come with fenders. But, your dealer might throw them in at the time of sale with some life jackets, anchor and other boating essentials??? I have purchased 3 new boats throughout the years and have LOTS of extra life jackets, anchors, dock lines, flares and other stuff that the dealers have thrown in as part of the deal. The dealers I have purchased boats from basically set them up so you can put the boat in the water right after you leave the dealership and be legal on the water.
They also set them up with the best trailer on the market! EzLoader! 😂😂
We can only hope!
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

If they have room to throw extras in on the deal, you need to have BBP negotiate for you next time!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CS23
dordevich123
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dordevich123 »

OK good to know. I was going to pull off all of the life jackets from my boat but if I dont need to all the better. I can sell my current boat complete.