Our marina needs service techs

CobaltDeadHead
Captain
Captain

Our marina needs service techs

Post by CobaltDeadHead »

Figured I'd throw this out here. Anyone know any boat mechanics in New Hampshire looking for work? Our marina is looking to hire three additional techs to support the added volume of work from the marinas expansion.

Great marina on Winnipesaukee run by a wonderful family.

Feel free to send me a message if you happen to know anyone in my area that might be looking for a job.
2005 Cobalt 24SX 350Mag
2010 Key West 186 DC - retired
Lake Winnipesaukee
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Our marina needs service techs

Post by dustinm »

Ours is about half staff also. Come to think, every place i know of with more than a staff of 3 is in desperate need of people. Where did everyone go? Did 3/4 of the world move back in with their parents?
CS23
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

dustinm wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:45 pm Ours is about half staff also. Come to think, every place i know of with more than a staff of 3 is in desperate need of people. Where did everyone go? Did 3/4 of the world move back in with their parents?
I have been wondering the same thing. Everywhere I look is a help wanted sign. Where did the workforce go?
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Caesars Entertainment is giving a bonus to any employee who brings in a new hire in almost any department. (No upper management.)
They printed up laminated cards about "National Hiring Day." I think it's today or maybe yesterday, I don't keep up with things.
I saw a dealer I work with pay out $4,500 for something that shouldn't have been paid. She was worried when we couldn't get the money back.
I told her not to worry, there's no one out there two take her job. She got minor slap on the wrist.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by kas232ca »

Snowman8 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:47 pm
dustinm wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:45 pm Ours is about half staff also. Come to think, every place i know of with more than a staff of 3 is in desperate need of people. Where did everyone go? Did 3/4 of the world move back in with their parents?
I have been wondering the same thing. Everywhere I look is a help wanted sign. Where did the workforce go?
Seems to be the same everywhere. Bizarre.
2006 Cobalt 232 8.1 420hp.
Lake Havasu, AZ
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by bruceb58 »

My theory is that when people couldn't work, they kinda liked not working and adjusted their lifestyle to not work. I think its going to swing back though as more people decide they don't really have enough money saved up to actually do this long term.

There is a study I read that the savings rate in the US is at its lowest since the pandemic started. The work shortage is also occurring globally...not just the US which is another reason why the supply chain is messed up.
2017 R5 350HP Mercruiser Bravo III
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Krob1114 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:11 am Caesars Entertainment is giving a bonus to any employee who brings in a new hire in almost any department. (No upper management.)
They printed up laminated cards about "National Hiring Day." I think it's today or maybe yesterday, I don't keep up with things.
I saw a dealer I work with pay out $4,500 for something that shouldn't have been paid. She was worried when we couldn't get the money back.
I told her not to worry, there's no one out there two take her job. She got minor slap on the wrist.
Sounds like I need to play there!! Get the room reserved !! :lol: :lol:
CS23