Trailer for 282

craigjworkman
Ensign
Ensign

Trailer for 282

Post by craigjworkman »

Purchased a used 2007 282 and am looking for a used trailer…
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Trailer for 282

Post by AsLan7 »

Hey cjw. So glad you found us!

Where are you located? It may help others search for you. Have you thought about having loadmaster build you one?

Any 282 pics? Twins?

And welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
craigjworkman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by craigjworkman »

Hi AsLin7 - We're in the suburbs of Chicago. Yes I've talked with Loadmaster - was looking for fixed/welded bunk vs adjustable. But may end up with a Venture trailer that I found. Basically the same as a Loadmaster. Thank you
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

craigjworkman wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:30 pm Hi AsLin7 - We're in the suburbs of Chicago. Yes I've talked with Loadmaster - was looking for fixed/welded bunk vs adjustable. But may end up with a Venture trailer that I found. Basically the same as a Loadmaster. Thank you
Venture is no way the same trailer as Loadmaster. If the price is the same you would be a fool not to go with LM.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

Venture is in no way similar to a Loadmaster! :lol: :lol: :lol: The Venture trailers I have seen are 100% bolted together aluminum. Those will fail long before a fully welded Loadmaster. I have also only seen Venture trailers with 2 rear bunks, Loadmaster uses 6 bunks. The only thing that isn’t welded on a Loadmaster is the bunks to the trailer. That is a good thing. If the bunks don’t fit the hull you can move them. If you buy a different boat you might not need to get a new trailer if the bunks are adjustable too. Just move the bunks to fit the new hull. If the bunk supports are welded its a much bigger deal. I have had a Loadmaster for 3 years now and the bunks have never moved. Why don’t you like bolted bunks?
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Snowman8 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:33 pm Venture is in no way similar to a Loadmaster! :lol: :lol: :lol: The Venture trailers I have seen are 100% bolted together aluminum. Those will fail long before a fully welded Loadmaster. I have also only seen Venture trailers with 2 rear bunks, Loadmaster uses 6 bunks. The only thing that isn’t welded on a Loadmaster is the bunks to the trailer. That is a good thing. If the bunks don’t fit the hull you can move them. If you buy a different boat you might not need to get a new trailer if the bunks are adjustable too. Just move the bunks to fit the new hull. If the bunk supports are welded its a much bigger deal. I have had a Loadmaster for 3 years now and the bunks have never moved. Why don’t you like bolted bunks?
Frosty would you say Venture is more in line with a EzLoader? 😉
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
craigjworkman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by craigjworkman »

Thank you for the reply snowman. Where are you located in MN? I’ve been going up to the Longville area since I was a kid.
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

I am about one hour north of Minneapolis near Mora MN. Frosty is currently frozen in a snow drift right now after 30-40mph winds yesterday with a dusting of snow and this morning it was 8 below zero. Boating season can’t come soon enough!
craigjworkman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by craigjworkman »

Which Loadmaster Trailer company builds higher quality - the one on Ohio or the one in Florida?
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

craigjworkman wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:40 pm Which Loadmaster Trailer company builds higher quality - the one on Ohio or the one in Florida?
Ohio.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

craigjworkman wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:40 pm Which Loadmaster Trailer company builds higher quality - the one on Ohio or the one in Florida?
Like BB said Port Clinton Ohio. If you look through the pictures of the powerboat trailers my white R5 and Tuscany’s blue R7 is in the gallery of pictures. Here is a link. I worked with Megan on my build and I think Tuscany worked with Gary. Very nice people that are very knowledgeable and easy to work with. They actually answer the phone in person too!

https://www.loadmasterboattrailer.com/
craigjworkman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by craigjworkman »

We purchased a new Venture tri-axle trailer to use until we can have a custom trailer built for the 282. And agree with a few of the comments above - I'm not impressed with the Venture trailer - anxious to get a custom. I've narrowed my search down to three companies - Loadmaster Trailer Co. in Ohio. Amera Trail Trailers in FL. And Trailmaster Trailers located in IN. Thoughts?? Thank you