Fell Marine Man OverBoard

Pastorvinnie
Ensign
Ensign

Fell Marine Man OverBoard

Post by Pastorvinnie »

Has anyone installed one of these on their Cobalt? Looking for your feedback on this system as well as photos of how/where you installed.
Last year I was out by myself a few times. After seeing some of the videos of other who have been alone and fell overboard, thinking this may be a good idea if it works as it should.
I have used the lanyard in the past, but if I move too far, it cuts out the engine unintentionally.
Thanks.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Fell Marine Man OverBoard

Post by AsLan7 »

Hey pastorW….So glad you found us!

I’ve never tried one of these so we don’t have much experience with them. Hopefully others will chime in shortly.

Any pics of your Cobalt?

And welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by sailor55330 »

I just looked them up. I think it would be a good device for those with small children or in big water. I personally don’t see how you would fall overboard while underway if soloing as you would be at the helm. The freeboard on our boats would seem to make that difficult. Personally, if underway while piloting, I’m not sure how far one should venture from the helm seat—not a judgement but more of an observation.

For 199 it’s reasonable but I don’t think I would invest as I said unless you are tracking children or drunks or in big open water.

Please note—I’m a focus group of 1!
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

sailor55330 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:56 pm I just looked them up. I think it would be a good device for those with small children or in big water. I personally don’t see how you would fall overboard while underway if soloing as you would be at the helm. The freeboard on our boats would seem to make that difficult. Personally, if underway while piloting, I’m not sure how far one should venture from the helm seat—not a judgement but more of an observation.

For 199 it’s reasonable but I don’t think I would invest as I said unless you are tracking children or drunks or in big open water.

Please note—I’m a focus group of 1!
Add me to your focus group.
No. 2.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS