263 grey water

(190 through 360)
jtrevill
Ensign
Ensign

263 grey water

Post by jtrevill »

Back after a winter break from boat work. Getting ready to close up and hopefully get this longer than expected project in the water! Lol. Anyhow.

Anyone know how the grey water system works in these boats? 1990 263. Seems like the hoses run under the head but there isn’t much access to that area to investigate

Discovered some severed 12v wires under the stairs to the cabin and found someone’s 1/2 a$$ rewiring of a second bilge pump under the stairs too. anyone know if this 2nd bilge pump was added? Hard to unscramble the previous owners mess.
jtrevill
Ensign
Ensign

Re: 263 grey water

Post by jtrevill »

Well just in case someone else is looking for the answer I figured it out. There is a small plastic container under the floor of the bathroom. All of the sinks and shower drain into it. Inside there is a pump and float switch that pumps the grey water overboard when it begins to fill.

The severed wires I found were tied to a switch on the panel which controlled the power to the grey tank pump and to the second bilge pump that was under the stairs. Couple of devices I don’t think I would have just left unpowered!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Just do not do that into the lake! That's a big no no!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jtrevill
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jtrevill »

This isn’t the black toilet tank. This is water from the hand sink in the bathroom. Water from sinks is not considered sewage like the toilet. It’s literally no different than putting your hands in the water along side the boat and washing them.
Cctvdc
Commander
Commander

Post by Cctvdc »

There are some lakes that prohibit anything being pumped overboard. The lake we boat in makes you plug your your fitting on the hull and have routine inspections at marinas and islands on the lake.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Cctvdc wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:53 am There are some lakes that prohibit anything being pumped overboard. The lake we boat in makes you plug your your fitting on the hull and have routine inspections at marinas and islands on the lake.
That's what I was saying. I'm thinking 99.9999%are that way.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jtrevill
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jtrevill »

What happens with your bilge pumps? My bilge is way worse than my sink water lol.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

jtrevill wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:55 pm What happens with your bilge pumps? My bilge is way worse than my sink water lol.
My bilge is cleaner than most sinks 😂😂
Good point. But I don't think the dnr cares. They know the bilge water should just be rain water or lake water.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jtrevill
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jtrevill »

😂😂. Want to help with my bilge? Lol. I don’t know what the guy before me did in there but it’s gross!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

jtrevill wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:10 am 😂😂. Want to help with my bilge? Lol. I don’t know what the guy before me did in there but it’s gross!
Na I'm good. But use a degreaser. It does wonders. Just don't breath it in.or do what A7 does he removed the engine just to paint and clean his bilge 👍😜😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jtrevill
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jtrevill »

Last year when I started this project, I was going to just have both of the motors pulled and gone through... while they were out, the plan was the get it really clean. Turns out the motors run great and I didn't need to do that. But I regret not being able to clean it well... Was going spray it down and soak it, but the degreaser sounds like a good plan.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:44 pm
jtrevill wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:10 am 😂😂. Want to help with my bilge? Lol. I don’t know what the guy before me did in there but it’s gross!
Na I'm good. But use a degreaser. It does wonders. Just don't breath it in.or do what A7 does he removed the engine just to paint and clean his bilge 👍😜😂
Or to change the oil. 😉
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AsLan7 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:30 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:44 pm
Or to change the oil. 😉
You don't want to spill oil in the bilge 😜
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!