Hot sauce or?

sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Hot sauce or?

Post by sailor55330 »

I've wondered about the hot hull thing also. If that's true, then I dont' know how I could use it. In GA, even with no direct sunlight, my black hull is rarely ever cool.

A7's experience seems to debunk that.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

sailor55330 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:47 am I've wondered about the hot hull thing also. If that's true, then I dont' know how I could use it. In GA, even with no direct sunlight, my black hull is rarely ever cool.

I've done mine in the garage a bunch. Same results. I'll just try to keep the water off of it so I don't get spots👍
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:38 am
sailor55330 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:47 am I've wondered about the hot hull thing also. If that's true, then I dont' know how I could use it. In GA, even with no direct sunlight, my black hull is rarely ever cool.

I've done mine in the garage a bunch. Same results. I'll just try to keep the water off of it so I don't get spots👍
Another benefit of that is you’ll save on sunscreen costs too. :D

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by sailor55330 »

The last few posts here got me thinking----what does Boat Bling say. I sent an email this morning inquiring about the use on dark boats. It was to a general inquiry inbox, but I'll share what feedback I get....
sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by sailor55330 »

Following up here--

I did sent an inquiry and Boat Bling got back to me within 24 hours which impressed me.... apologizing for the trouble and asked me the usual questions (What wax, how often, do I use microfiber towels, where do I boat, etc). Also gave me the typical don't apply in direct sun and "we test our products to work with....".

I replied back within about 2 hours with my full regime of washing, buffing, polishing and waxing, including all products used. I gave them a call today and discussed the challenges. They offered that products that contain "graphene" may not work well with Hot Sauce as it may break down the polymers in the wax (they did say that a few others had isses reported), but really had no answer why it would have streaked with my prior products. The suggestion was to try again.

While I appreciate them picking up the phone, I think I'll move on.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

sailor55330 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:20 pm Following up here--

I did sent an inquiry and Boat Bling got back to me within 24 hours which impressed me.... apologizing for the trouble and asked me the usual questions (What wax, how often, do I use microfiber towels, where do I boat, etc). Also gave me the typical don't apply in direct sun and "we test our products to work with....".

I replied back within about 2 hours with my full regime of washing, buffing, polishing and waxing, including all products used. I gave them a call today and discussed the challenges. They offered that products that contain "graphene" may not work well with Hot Sauce as it may break down the polymers in the wax (they did say that a few others had isses reported), but really had no answer why it would have streaked with my prior products. The suggestion was to try again.

While I appreciate them picking up the phone, I think I'll move on.
Thanks for the follow up s55.
We use 3M products on our hull. Not sure if there is graphene in their compounds or waxes. I'll have to check.

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

The smell doesn't bother me. I don't notice any streaking. But I have old eyes. We still have the ceramic coating so I wonder if that makes a difference in the streaking. The only reason I tried Hot Sauce was three years ago, there were mostly very positive reviews on this site.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
FirstStar
Commander
Commander

Post by FirstStar »

I struggled keeping my old black boat water spot free. I saw the dealer using the hot sauce on the new boat and have been sold every since. That stuff removes all of the water spots and seems to make it easier to clean next time. Big fan of the Hot Sauce - would be better if they could do something about the smell ;)
2021 Cobalt R5 6.2 380
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by kas232ca »

The smell is a bit of a turnoff. I usually clean the interior while my wife and friends clean the hull. At least it doesn't get on my hands that way.
2006 Cobalt 232 8.1 420hp.
Lake Havasu, AZ
Elkhunter2372
Commander
Commander

Post by Elkhunter2372 »

I just got back from a week at Lake Powell....boat is the Navy Blue hull with yellow stripe (R3). It stays in the water for a week. The sun literally bakes the water spots on. Meguiars Quick Detailer helped some, but I can say the Hot Sauce is the only product I've tried so far that pulls the water spots right off as soon as the boat is on the trailer and headed for the inspection station. Now, that being said, it does streak on me a little but only when the rag I am using starts getting saturated. I've had great results if I swap out my cleaning rag about 5 times over the course of wiping it down. Just my $0.02 but works great for me.
Bill Hampton
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO

Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Elkhunter2372 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:57 pm I just got back from a week at Lake Powell....boat is the Navy Blue hull with yellow stripe (R3). It stays in the water for a week. The sun literally bakes the water spots on. Meguiars Quick Detailer helped some, but I can say the Hot Sauce is the only product I've tried so far that pulls the water spots right off as soon as the boat is on the trailer and headed for the inspection station. Now, that being said, it does streak on me a little but only when the rag I am using starts getting saturated. I've had great results if I swap out my cleaning rag about 5 times over the course of wiping it down. Just my $0.02 but works great for me.
pics or it didn't happen !!
CS23
Elkhunter2372
Commander
Commander

Post by Elkhunter2372 »

dustinm wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:51 am
Elkhunter2372 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:57 pm I just got back from a week at Lake Powell....boat is the Navy Blue hull with yellow stripe (R3). It stays in the water for a week. The sun literally bakes the water spots on. Meguiars Quick Detailer helped some, but I can say the Hot Sauce is the only product I've tried so far that pulls the water spots right off as soon as the boat is on the trailer and headed for the inspection station. Now, that being said, it does streak on me a little but only when the rag I am using starts getting saturated. I've had great results if I swap out my cleaning rag about 5 times over the course of wiping it down. Just my $0.02 but works great for me.
pics or it didn't happen !!
It happened Dustinm but i'm technically challenged and cant figure out how to drop pics into here any more? Can someone assist?
Bill Hampton
2021 Cobalt R3
Grand Junction, CO

Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
Elkhunter2372
Commander
Commander

Post by Elkhunter2372 »

Geez Dustinm….I swear I went!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill Hampton
2021 Cobalt R3
Grand Junction, CO

Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
Elkhunter2372
Commander
Commander

Post by Elkhunter2372 »

More proof!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill Hampton
2021 Cobalt R3
Grand Junction, CO

Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

That place is amazing. I hope you didn't hit bottom!
Too bad it's getting so low.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!