Hot sauce or?

Elkhunter2372
Commander
Commander

Re: Hot sauce or?

Post by Elkhunter2372 »

Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:41 pm That place is amazing. I hope you didn't hit bottom!
Too bad it's getting so low.
Honestly BBP….if you had never been there before and didn’t know how low it was, you wouldn’t know the difference. It is still 125 miles long with miles and miles of side canyons. The issue is that the Authorities never had any idea it would get this low so the infrastructure wasn’t planned accordingly. Ramps could have and should have been placed when the lake was being filled allowing access down to dead pool levels….but they weren’t. So now they are scrambling to figure out how to keep the lake useable. The other issue is that we send way more water downstream than is sustainable.

No damage, launch was easy on the new extended ramp, had a great week and my only complaint is the boating generation forthcoming that has no regard or respect for others.
Bill Hampton
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO

Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Elkhunter2372 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:41 pm That place is amazing. I hope you didn't hit bottom!
Honestly BBP….if you had never been there before and didn’t know how low it was, you wouldn’t know the difference. It is still 125 miles long with miles and miles of side canyons. The issue is that the Authorities never had any idea it would get this low so the infrastructure wasn’t planned accordingly. Ramps could have and should have been placed when the lake was being filled allowing access down to dead pool levels….but they weren’t. So now they are scrambling to figure out how to keep the lake useable. The other issue is that we send way more water downstream than is sustainable.

No damage, launch was easy on the new extended ramp, had a great week and my only complaint is the boating generation forthcoming that has no regard or respect for others.
I hear you on that. It's just sad what is happening their. Trl rentals were a mess. Boat traffic was down so much. 90 percent of the boat traffic was rentals this year. It's bad and we were almost hit head on. Yes gas prices have slowed boat traffic.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Elkhunter2372
Commander
Commander

Post by Elkhunter2372 »

Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:30 pm
Elkhunter2372 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 pm

I hear you on that. It's just sad what is happening their. Trl rentals were a mess. Boat traffic was down so much. 90 percent of the boat traffic was rentals this year. It's bad and we were almost hit head on. Yes gas prices have slowed boat traffic.
We literally had surf boats packed full of young adults surfing past the back of the houseboat no more than 20 yds off the back of the houseboat. The waves off of those things are huge…was bad enough that it was beating the crap out of the armored pontoons on the houseboat but I hated have to run out and try and calm the cobalt down and away from the side of the houseboat when we tied up. If you said anything you got flipped off and then it got worse. Had waves bouncing kids swimming into the ladder, flipping paddle boards, etc. Just ridiculous! A few would pull back to half throttle but that almost made it worse….
Bill Hampton
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO

Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Good job Bill!!! I want to make it out there some day...well if the water level straightens out
CS23