Wakeboard With R6 & Rotating Bimini

Biermm34
Ensign
Ensign

Wakeboard With R6 & Rotating Bimini

Post by Biermm34 »

I have a new R6 with arch and the rotating bimini. Trying to figure how the rope goes on the arch for a wakeboarder (don't do this often). Does the rope stay above the bimini and the velcro'd hole in bimini is there to help you get it on to the recessed spot below the light? Or are you suppose to bring the rope up through the velcro'd hole and attach? Researching it seems I have seen both ways commented and not sure which is correct. I am thinking it goes up over the bimini and the velcro'd hole is there to put your hand through and attach the rope. Than you!
dsthomas
Captain
Captain

Re: Wakeboard With R6 & Rotating Bimini

Post by dsthomas »

My understanding is that it goes up over the Bimini and the Velcro’s hole is there to put your hand through and attach the rope.
Kansas City, MO
2011 242 VP 5.7 GXi (Sold)
2016 A25 VP 350 (Sold)
2020 R7 Surf VP 380 (Sold)
2022 R8 Surf VP 380
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Biermm34 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:41 pm I have a new R6 with arch and the rotating bimini. Trying to figure how the rope goes on the arch for a wakeboarder (don't do this often). Does the rope stay above the bimini and the velcro'd hole in bimini is there to help you get it on to the recessed spot below the light? Or are you suppose to bring the rope up through the velcro'd hole and attach? Researching it seems I have seen both ways commented and not sure which is correct. I am thinking it goes up over the bimini and the velcro'd hole is there to put your hand through and attach the rope. Than you!
So glad you found us B34.

Any pics of your R6?

Can't help with the bimini question.

And welcome aboard mate.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
mdadgar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mdadgar »

dsthomas wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:57 pm My understanding is that it goes up over the Bimini and the Velcro’s hole is there to put your hand through and attach the rope.
This is how I do it on my A25 with tower+bimini.

- Mark
2013 Cobalt A25, 6.0 VP 380hp "More Cowbell"
Monte Sereno, CA (winter) | Lake Don Pedro (summer)
Boats are for when I'm not racing cars
Rplong2
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Rplong2 »

You are doing it correct. The Velcro hole is just to help. If you rotate the shade you can loop the rope easily and I leave it attached and store the rope in the compartment o. The underside of the Bimini.
2018 Cobalt R3 (sold)
2022 Cobalt R6 Surf