Cobalt 303 axius Personality file

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
Silver_power
Ensign
Ensign

Cobalt 303 axius Personality file

Post by Silver_power »

Hello, i recently bought a used Cobalt 303 with 2010 axius Gen1 system. The boat had problem and previous owner unistalled the axius components (actuators from both engines and steering pump, HP filters etc from starboard engine) and converted it to classic cable steering system with a tie bar between two drives.
So, i found two actuators and every component needed to make axius work again as the rest of the ecectronics were been installed.
The mechanic calibrated the components but cannot calibrate the actuators.
For now, everything seems to be ok, BUT, steering actuators are locked with no response at all.Now the problem is that G3 software of the mechanic, asks for the boat's personality file.
I tried to contact Cobalt but i am still waiting as they told me that they do not have it and i must contact Mercruiser. Mercruiser told me that i must contact boat manufacturer first and after thew will see what they can do........
The fact now is that my boat has no steering and so it can not work.
My mechanic told me that even a "boat personality" file from other boat would unlock the actuators and allow him to make the calibrations. In this case the boat will have at least the steering system and it could work. Obviously the joystick would not be accurate but the most important is to have steering.
This Cobalt 303 is 2010model, Axius GEN1, with 2x mercruiser 377mag's mpi B3.
Here in Greece are really few boats with sterndrive axius system (5to 10 max) and so i can not find a file
I hope to find a solution from Cobalt but in case they tell me "sorry we can not make anything",....i have two solutions.
1. To sell the boat
2. To unistall all the parts i bought and installed and put again the classic cable steering system.
I hope you see how big is the problem.....
Thank you very much!!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Cobalt 303 axius Personality file

Post by Big Block Power »

Welcome and sorry for your issues. I have no idea how to help you but hopefully you or your mechanic can get a file. Not sure why the Previous Owner would have removed it. Can you contact him and see where he put it?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Silver_power
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Silver_power »

The problem is that I replace the tvm's and these must be reprogrammed....
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Silver_power wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:35 am The problem is that I replace the tvm's and these must be reprogrammed....
which would have to be done if anyone ever had a problem with a tvm.. they would also need this info correct? Really inexcusable for Cobalt(Bu) not to have it on record... this isnt like keeping 100k of obsolete parts on hand. This could be kept as a single line on an excel.
CS23
Silver_power
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Silver_power »

I agree. I expected that Cobalt would give me the file at once.....
Besides, this is the point.....the tvm has a p/n same for some engines. But after someone buy this part, he has to program it so to cooperate with the steering. I do not know how he could do that if his does not have the personality file.......
Silver_power
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Silver_power »

The urgent is to find one file, So to unlock the steering and work the boat......if I do not find the specific, the joystick will be inaccurate.....not so big deal for now....
The point is the boat to have steering.
This is why I am asking if somebody with axius gen1 system could give me his file........if he has it...
Titaniumboy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Titaniumboy »

What is a TVM?
2007 Cobalt 240 with Merc 496 MAG Bravo 3
1977 18’ Beachcraft with Ford 302 V8 OMC 190
Whiskey Slough Marina
Holt, CA
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

So glad you found us and sorry for your boating woes.
That’s a tough diagnosis.

Keep us apprised.

And welcome aboard mate.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
shawtony
Ensign
Ensign

Post by shawtony »

I have 2008 Cobalt 46 with zeus pods , mercruiser should have the vessel profile , Some one named Darren at mercruiser support , knows all about Zeus and Axius , you will need the G3 software to reprogram the TVM