Captain's Call on 300 Verado

ForeverCobalt
Commander
Commander

Captain's Call on 300 Verado

Post by ForeverCobalt »

Does anyone know how to access the captain's call on the 300 verado? I have seen some videos but not with the verado on a cobalt.
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Re: Captain's Call on 300 Verado

Post by Lifelongbtr »

Probably a dealer question, seems like all the R series have the button on the dash whether you have it or not. I'd assume it's on the Garmins, unless you have a Mercury screen somewhere..It's not called captains call though, sport mode I think.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

My 220 has the button on the dash but I don't have CC.
I'm putting my brother on this mission.
He works at merc. He doesn't think every 300 has it as standard. Do you have anything called first mate? Or a Merc app? Also check merc net.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
ForeverCobalt
Commander
Commander

Post by ForeverCobalt »

Hi BBP, thank you for accepting the mission! I don't have first mate or merc app on the Garmin. I will check merc net and report back :)
ForeverCobalt
Commander
Commander

Post by ForeverCobalt »

Update:
Called mercury but apparently their phone number is wrong on their website and goes to a marine dealer. They werent able to help, hopefully that will get fixed soon.
Ended up reply to a youtube video from mercury marine and they responded! Here is what they said. "Sport Exhaust Mode is only accessible through select SmartCraft gauges, VesselView helm displays, or a dealer-rigged rocker switch with harness on your helm." I asked them if I install the vesselvirw module if it shows on the app and what I would need in order to hardwire.

I also called Cobalt and they were not aware of the sports exhaust option at all, they said it is only available on I/O, I think they are not fully aware of the new verado.
ForeverCobalt
Commander
Commander

Post by ForeverCobalt »

More information from Mercury Marine "It is not available via the app at this time; only through physical displays or switches. Any Mercury Marine dealer will be able to assist with the switch option. There are details available for them in the dealer service bulletins pertaining to the V8 Verado, or they may simply give us a call and we'll be happy to set them up with everything they will need"
ForeverCobalt
Commander
Commander

Post by ForeverCobalt »

So my mercury dealers here just arent interested in any of this.

BBP - any chance you could get those dealer service bulletins? I would love to get this figured out for everyone here who has the OB. :)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ForeverCobalt wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:18 pm So my mercury dealers here just arent interested in any of this.

BBP - any chance you could get those dealer service bulletins? I would love to get this figured out for everyone here who has the OB. :)
Do you think you can get me the bulletin numbers? Then I could probably get them for you.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
ForeverCobalt
Commander
Commander

Post by ForeverCobalt »

Thank you! I have the ask out and will let you know!
ForeverCobalt
Commander
Commander

Post by ForeverCobalt »

8/22 Update: I have been working with merc customer service and they have been AMAZING. I think I have all the necessary information and will post more info once I can order the parts and install them. It's a cable and a switch but I am also installing vesselview so I have more insight into the engine via the mobile. More to come, will probably do a video of the install.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ForeverCobalt wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:58 pm 8/22 Update: I have been working with merc customer service and they have been AMAZING. I think I have all the necessary information and will post more info once I can order the parts and install them. It's a cable and a switch but I am also installing vesselview so I have more insight into the engine via the mobile. More to come, will probably do a video of the install.
Nice congrats! Keep us up to date 👍
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!