R8 must haves

(R3, R5, R7, R30, R35)
Jeffrey262
Ensign
Ensign

R8 must haves

Post by Jeffrey262 »

I’m going to look at an R8 today in Naples, Fl while vacationing. It’s got twin verados 300. Personally I don’t like the hardtop, I don’t need to electric captain chair. I’d never use it. The discount is less than 10%. I’d push for 20 to 25%. Open to comments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: R8 must haves

Post by Krob1114 »

Always be ready to walk. But make sure they have your phone number.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Jeffrey262
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jeffrey262 »

I’ve learned never to fall in love with a car or boat! I’m always ready to walk if I can get a great deal.
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Same here. I'm not looking at boat replacement as we still love ours. But our two SUVs are getting on in mileage. The best time to buy a replacement is before it is necessary. I looked for my daughter's car for 7 months before purchasing,
Home in Hernando, MS
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Krob1114 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:09 am Same here. I'm not looking at boat replacement as we still love ours. But our two SUVs are getting on in mileage. The best time to buy a replacement is before it is necessary. I looked for my daughter's car for 7 months before purchasing,
Great advice K.
Just went on a test drive with my daughter and the salesman today. She’s searching for her very first car. We walked. Told her the same thing.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
lespaulrob
Commander
Commander

Post by lespaulrob »

I'd add a windlass to that. no sense in paying that much for a boat where you have to throw your own anchor by hand like a peasant. :)
2021 R6 Surf VP380, platinum sound
Sumgai
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Sumgai »

A Trailer may come in handy. Summit frost upholstery is the gray/white free option. On an upscale boat like this saving $1800 instead of getting the Frost/Slate (gray/gray) interior may be a poor choice of savings. There is a current thread in the FB Cobalt forum showing pics of a brown stain on the white part of the summit frost interior, which the captain believes was caused by cheap suntan lotion worn by his guests. Lastly, buying a spec-built Cobalt seems to be like buying an off the rack Brooks Brothers suit; great if you like shades of gray, navy and white. What a palette of colors Cobalt offers that never get applied to a hull!
'22 Cobalt R4 OB
'98 Sea Ray 230 Signature Select
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by kas232ca »

Is 125 gallons of fuel (100 usable, 25 reserve) enough to get to the Keys assuming you are hugging the coast?
2006 Cobalt 232 8.1 420hp.
Lake Havasu, AZ
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Sumgai wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:45 am A Trailer may come in handy. Summit frost upholstery is the gray/white free option. On an upscale boat like this saving $1800 instead of getting the Frost/Slate (gray/gray) interior may be a poor choice of savings. There is a current thread in the FB Cobalt forum showing pics of a brown stain on the white part of the summit frost interior, which the captain believes was caused by cheap suntan lotion worn by his guests. Lastly, buying a spec-built Cobalt seems to be like buying an off the rack Brooks Brothers suit; great if you like shades of gray, navy and white. What a palette of colors Cobalt offers that never get applied to a hull!
So glad you found us sumgai.

Appreciate the info.

Do you have an R8?

And welcome aboard mate.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

lespaulrob wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:48 am I'd add a windlass to that. no sense in paying that much for a boat where you have to throw your own anchor by hand like a peasant. :)
You mean I've been upgraded to peasant? LOL
We never really anchor anyway. Just go out to the deep water and let the wind blow us while listening to a great sound system.
Home in Hernando, MS
Sumgai
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Sumgai »

AsLan7 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:33 pm Do you have an R8?
And welcome aboard mate.
Thank you, and I see we shared that good day of waving one goodbye, my day was last August. R8? Naw, I retired from the cube farm, not the corner office. But next Tuesday, assuming the contractor finishes re-rigging my boat lift, I will take delivery of a new R4 OB. Just When I Thought I Was Out, a Cobalt Pulls Me Back In!
'22 Cobalt R4 OB
'98 Sea Ray 230 Signature Select
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Sumgai wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:23 am
AsLan7 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:33 pm Do you have an R8?
And welcome aboard mate.
Thank you, and I see we shared that good day of waving one goodbye, my day was last August. R8? Naw, I retired from the cube farm, not the corner office. But next Tuesday, assuming the contractor finishes re-rigging my boat lift, I will take delivery of a new R4 OB. Just When I Thought I Was Out, a Cobalt Pulls Me Back In!
Ahhh. Roger that Sumgai.
Looking forward to your pics.
Yes, tough to resist the Cobalt siren of the sea. She’s a beaut. :D

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
lespaulrob
Commander
Commander

Post by lespaulrob »

Krob1114 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:10 am
lespaulrob wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:48 am I'd add a windlass to that. no sense in paying that much for a boat where you have to throw your own anchor by hand like a peasant. :)
We never really anchor anyway. Just go out to the deep water and let the wind blow us while listening to a great sound system.
LOL! I would HIGHLY recommend the platinum stereo as well. It's really worth the upgrade to just get it all in there and be done from the factory. My previous boat (a Chaparral H20 21') only had 4 cheap speakers and the difference in the stereo on the Cobalt just blows me away every time I turn it on!
2021 R6 Surf VP380, platinum sound
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

lespaulrob wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:11 pm
Krob1114 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:10 am
LOL! I would HIGHLY recommend the platinum stereo as well. It's really worth the upgrade to just get it all in there and be done from the factory. My previous boat (a Chaparral H20 21') only had 4 cheap speakers and the difference in the stereo on the Cobalt just blows me away every time I turn it on!
Agreed. We bought off the showroom and the boat we liked had premium sound, which is great. We went from 4 cheap speakers to 11 really good speakers. Sometimes I hear things I've never heard. Never was an ABBA fan, but when my wife played on song that was popular years ago, I heard some instruments that I didn't know where there from the days of radio. I love sitting in the back, listening to The Stones, and hearing very clearly Ron Wood on one side and Keith Richards on the other. Last weekend, I heard a rhythm guitar in a Flesh For Lulu song that I've never heard before.
Home in Hernando, MS