New memeber restoring an 86 Cobalt

djtriple9
Ensign
Ensign

New memeber restoring an 86 Cobalt

Post by djtriple9 »

Good to see this forum exists. I Bought an old 86 21 BR from a guy who had to sell it to clear out his barn. interior is in great condition, and the boat reports only 500 hours of use. Motor was removed, and the alpha drive was completely rebuilt, and all the receipts are there.

Story goes he bought it for the clean interior and he wanted to put it in his Searay (which was sitting next to it gutted. He offered it up for $500, with trailer. I passed) but never got around to it. Had been sitting in the barn for 10 years covered. It's in amazing shape and I got a deal on a Volvo Penta (serial dates it to 1989) on offerup, so I'm having to make some adjustments to things like mounting the shift interrupter backet to get this thing going. Cool thing is he gave all the old parts from the old motor like the mounts, flywheel housing and even the flywheel bushing. Upgrading the carb to an aftermarket TBI and Marine grade HEI distributor.

Grew up no classic mopars but have helped many friends with their SBC's over the years.

Exicted to revitalize and upgrade this rig. Pictures to follow soon of the before and after.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ne wmemeber restoring an 86 Cobalt

Post by AsLan7 »

So glad you found us djt9….and thanks for posting.

There are a number of classic Cobalt enthusiasts here who will also chime in on occasion.

Looking forward to your pics.

And welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

What's a Ne Memeber?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Kate
Captain
Captain

Post by Kate »

"I Bought an old 86 21 BR . . ."

Renovated the same boat. Please do post pics and a to do list. Be leery of the hours meter. Ignore BB.