She’s here!! Our 2023 CS22!

Modadunn
Ensign
Ensign

She’s here!! Our 2023 CS22!

Post by Modadunn »

The rolled out the Red Carpet - ok so it’s pink. We just wanted to see it after our 15hr road trip. But walk thru do is at 9:30 am!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: She’s here!! Our 2023 CS22!

Post by dustinm »

Looks nice.
Hows it optioned?
CS23
Modadunn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Modadunn »

We basically took dealer recs given wide range of potential use and the lake chop etc. V8 Penta Volvo 300 hp. Double battery thing. Then added the soft trac flooring and platform, docking lights, filler pads, buoy clips. Think that’s pretty much it as far as adds/upgrades.
ArrowheadCS22
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ArrowheadCS22 »

Congrats! I picked up a CS22, but has the grey tahoe interior. Sharp boat! How's she drive? What was your previous boat?
Modadunn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Modadunn »

TBH, I debated on the interior, but my H loved the retro look of the carmel/Carbon interior as a first crush - and even considered that as a name! But even I have to admit I do love that new bayside blue with the gray interior. We went out with dealer morning… lots of chop and chilly wind. I was quite literally amazed at how fast and smooth she cut thru the chop. Trimmed up like a champ and you could feel it. He also warned us, never “HIT IT” without really sincere warning…and showed us why. I thought the larger engine would be loud and was shocked at the quiet. And trimmed up to a whole new level. The dual prop is going to be a learning curve after years of kind of zigzagging to the dock to stay true straight. But man is it a fun drive. AND it was such a crap day! Truthfully, we spent most of the day setting the lines at the dock. We are at a very nice but public dock in a slip. I’ll bet money H will have it up on a lift by next summer. Haha.

Up until Summer 2022, my family had a long history with SeaRay, the last being a 1997 Signature Series 230 bought new. Since 2011 I was the primary caretaker of our aging girl, but she was such a great boat. I credit myself for saving her upholstery, taking excellent care of the exterior and just nhow well she ran, especially those last 6/7. Finally at the end of ‘22, she really needed a full engine rebuild and so the “elders” decided to trade into a pontoon, eager for getting IN a boat vs getting ON. I get it. I even considered buying fam boat outright and doing the rebuild but the dealer gave them a good trade in, their price was NOT my price on replacing the bow upholstery. But overall, she was in great shape and It was on the front lot last summer for less than a week at $27K. It did make me laugh to read “One owner” because while true, it had MULTIPLE drivers - some MUCH better at coming into the dock than others, including my own kids (when they were still kids)

Last summer we spent a lot of time on the elders new pontoon, and it was great for a lot of reasons, but we just REALLY REALLY missed having a “Speed boat” - so when we decided to buy our own new boat, we went into it with “hoping for 20 years” attitude. All roads led to a Cobalt.
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Good for you.

I really like our CS23 VP300, quite, responsive, efficient, but now think we could have gotten away with a VP280 - i'm not a top speed person on water.
CS23
Modadunn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Modadunn »

According to dealer, it had less to do with speed and more to do with potential adult weight load and pulling a skier or a tube, but it doesn’t hurt that we can get down the lake to a bay with calm glass faster. Im not a putterer but not a speed demon either. Erred on the theory that you can always go slower. Net/Net Dealer has a great reputation, was born and raised on this lake… I’d also take his advice on a snowmobile if I was looking. Only bad news was he failed to order the BOW filler cushion when ordering the back ones. But if that’s our only miss, Im ok. And Id bet he ordered one yesterday if he could.
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

For the power perspective, I have a larger set of props when we go down to table rock lake (these 5.3s spin a little faster than the 7.4 Im accustomed at cruise speed) and really cant discern much "to plane difference", but they do bring the cruise RPM down not that it makes any difference to the engine what it spins at. Tuber or skier behind are barely noticeable with the stock props, you will like it. After having this boat for a couple seasons I dont know if I would really miss 20hp as I dont feel we use it now.

I also ordered the rear filler, but have yet to use it. I did not elect for the front filler as we really didnt have anyone hang out in the front of our previous boats, I suppose this has to do more with the ages of passengers?

What snowmobiles are you into? I got out about 10 years ago now.
CS23
Kenboat
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kenboat »

Nice CS22! I currently planning to test ride a CS22 with VP 300hp and CS23 with Mer 350hp both duo props.
I like speed so it will be interesting how both boats compare? Wish the cs22 had the 350 VP but willing to drive.
I will be tubing and some water skiing, and cursing.
With is your top end speed in good water with 2 on board.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Kenboat wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:04 am Nice CS22! I currently planning to test ride a CS22 with VP 300hp and CS23 with Mer 350hp both duo props.
I like speed so it will be interesting how both boats compare? Wish the cs22 had the 350 VP but willing to drive.
I will be tubing and some water skiing, and cursing.
With is your top end speed in good water with 2 on board.
So glad you found us kenboat.
Be sure to post pics if you purchase.

And welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
zrp62
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zrp62 »

Great boat! Absolutely love the caramel interior. It's basically the reason we got our 2023 CS22. Enjoy!