2001 Cobalt 226 // $26,500 // VP 5.7GSI // Trailer Included

(Cobalt Boats)
Storktaylor
Ensign
Ensign

2001 Cobalt 226 // $26,500 // VP 5.7GSI // Trailer Included

Post by Storktaylor »

Sadly we are selling our beloved 2001 226 as we are moving to the coast and really need a flats boat.
IMG_0321.jpeg
This 226 is nothing short of amazing! Very smooth underway, heavy enough to cut through the waves and wakes; but easily rides on a trailer as well. Currently in Maryland, but the boat was originally from Lake Norman in NC. We use it mostly when we go to lake Gaston in the summer and fall, and it has only been in the Patuxent River (brackish) 5 times.

Mechanical:
Engine: Volvo Penta 5.7GSI engine with PEFS control
  • Engine runs great, basically a 350 small block Chevy engine. Electronic fuel injection which is managed by the PEFS

Outdrive: VP DP-SM 1 outdrive
  • Gimbal ring was replaced in 2019 and we have only put about 50 hours on it since then. All maintenance has been performed on schedule to engine and lower unit.
    Dual battery set up.
    Has the biggest engine compartment I have ever seen in a boat. I’m 6’5” and have no issue getting to any part of the engine.
    Boat has power for days and cruises pretty “square” at 3500 RPM at 35 MPH; it just really likes to go that speed and seems to settle in there.
IMG_0327.jpeg
Interior and Cosmetics:
  • This boat has so much storage you will never want for places to tuck your things away. By NOT having the porta-potty, the two seats ahead of the driver and passenger fold up and reveal cubic yards of storage space. This also provides easy access to the dashboard electronics.
    Anchor cubby as well which keeps the mud and muck out of the seating area.
    Sony stereo in glove box with remote controls at the helm
    Installed aqua-marine deck last summer (Pictures coming soon)
    There are a few scratches in the gel coat, and the upholstery is showing its age. All of the seats are usable and comfortable, but the vinyl is starting to break down

Boat comes with EVERYTHING. You need to be legal for boating (life jackets, flares, first aid kit, throwables, etc…), and comes with docking lines and fenders and everything else. Wakeboard and kneeboard included as well. Turn key and ready to go.

Trailer is a Karavan dual axle with surge brakes. Rides great!

Boat is currently getting detailed and I’ll post new pictures after I get is back.

THIS IS NOT A FIRE SALE, I just love this boat too much to not use it or get it to someone who will.

Please reach out if you have questions and are interested!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 226 5.7gxi