1978 18TH New Member, New Boat

Hosenose684
Ensign
Ensign

1978 18TH New Member, New Boat

Post by Hosenose684 »

Hello all!
I have been waiting all summer to make this post. My wife and I are fairly new to boating. We cut our teeth on the cheapest pontoon we could find at the height of COVID. It was less of a boat and more of a hole in the water to which we would dump money into. Learn so much though. I would argue this Cobalt is our first real boat. We found a 1978 Tri Hull on Craigslist and just fell in love. We went down a rabbit hole learning about Cobalt Boats and the community that surrounds them. All in on, to say the least, we were sold. They guy we were buying it from told me it was a barn find and that it was 100% perfect. I bought it up with very few questions asked. I was completely bewitched by the charming looks of these older hulls. From some of our pervious lessons learned, we decided to take it to a mechanic to have a look over her before hitting the high seas. Well one summer, motor, and outdrive later and we have finally been able to get out on the water. The 100% perfect, ready to go boat, only needed the complete drive line replaced...smh.... The wife has been very understanding, and although the cobalt has only just made two trips on the water, we are in love. I look forward to hunting down some parts and answers on this form as we continue to tinker with this new to us 1978 Tri Hull.
IMG_1412.jpg
IMG_1416.jpg
IMG_1418.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: 1978 18TH New Member, New Boat

Post by AsLan7 »

That’s a great intro Hn684. Love the story.

You’re gonna make some great memories on the lake with her. That will make the challenging times all the more worth it.

And welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 1978 18TH New Member, New Boat

Post by Krob1114 »

Welcome and good luck. Once boating gets in your blood, it's expensive.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS