New R6 Surf Arrived

Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: New R6 Surf Arrived

Post by Krob1114 »

Soonerfan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 am Do you know what head unit control at the helm they are currently using? The rockford unit in my R7S was a pain in the butt to change zone volumes and I hope the new one is easier. Also, does the R6 have audio controls in the Garmin's or do you still have to add another bus cable?
Sore subject for us. Third season, still haven't figured it out, even with peeps here trying to help.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

Im pretty sure its Fusion. Ours has a Fusion and Im not impressed. Locks up a lot.
CS23
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

dustinm wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:59 am Im pretty sure its Fusion. Ours has a Fusion and Im not impressed. Locks up a lot.
FYI my RF unit in my R7 did this a lot my first year of ownership and Cobalt replaced it under warranty. Haven't had an issue since.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Soonerfan
Captain
Captain

Post by Soonerfan »

Krob1114 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:10 am
Soonerfan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 am Do you know what head unit control at the helm they are currently using? The rockford unit in my R7S was a pain in the butt to change zone volumes and I hope the new one is easier. Also, does the R6 have audio controls in the Garmin's or do you still have to add another bus cable?
Sore subject for us. Third season, still haven't figured it out, even with peeps here trying to help.
The workaround for me was a Wetsounds WS220BT. This gives you knobs for the 4 zones and then you can use the sub +- on the head unit for the sub. You also get the mic that works over the tower speakers. A feature it has is that it can also link up with other boats via BT and play the same music if someone else has the unit. We never tried that feature. I was very pleased it let me control every zone with ease.
2018 R7 Surf (Sold Fall 2021)
2022 R8 Surf Ordered August 2021
tfarmer
Commander
Commander

Post by tfarmer »

I have the fusion in my R6S and the zone volume control is super simple. Once you start turning the volume knob the screen changes to display all the zones. The default is on All Zones. If you want to change a specific zone you scroll to it, push in the volume to select it, then you can change just that zones volume. This is good for setting all zones to a different desired level and then being able to globally turn them all up or down at the same time since it defaults to all zones.
2021 R6 Surf, VP 380, Pacific Blue and Ebony.
(former) 2019 R5, Volvo 350, ebony hull w/pacific blue stripe.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

tfarmer wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:05 pm I have the fusion in my R6S and the zone volume control is super simple. Once you start turning the volume knob the screen changes to display all the zones. The default is on All Zones. If you want to change a specific zone you scroll to it, push in the volume to select it, then you can change just that zones volume. This is good for setting all zones to a different desired level and then being able to globally turn them all up or down at the same time since it defaults to all zones.
That's how our RF PMX-5CAN works as well (shown briefly at the 20 second mark below).

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Norris_Boating
Captain
Captain

Post by Norris_Boating »

You may already know this. but you can lock in a zone to be always higher/lower than the rest. My swim step speakers are 5 points higher than the rest of the boat. This way when we are floating out back people can hear the music but inside the boat you can still have a conversation.
2016 220
2019 R7 Surf
White and Red V8-380CE EVC DP (FWD) - 380 hp