2019 R7 Surf Questions

bp4hawgs
Ensign
Ensign

2019 R7 Surf Questions

Post by bp4hawgs »

I bought a 2019 R7 Surf. I’m adding tower speakers. The boat has the premium sound package. The tower has factor installed power and RGB wires from the factory. Does anyone know where these wires would terminate? Maybe behind amps or under the dash possibly??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also any tips on getting the surf wave better? Does adding lead bags or a wake shaper help any? Thanks!!!
dsthomas
Captain
Captain

Re: 2019 R7 Surf Questions

Post by dsthomas »

Can't help with the wiring question. We had an R7S and it was a great boat, would still have it today if not for the quality of the wave. When the R8S came out and we saw the wave and we upgraded and are very happy. On our R7S we bought a 100 lb fat sac. We put it on the floor just in front of the aft bench. It seemed to help. Just was a bit of pain to fill and empty and put away etc. Also when surfing no one should sit in the bow as we found that would kill the wave. Cobalt in the first model of the R7S had a ballast take in the ski locker, they eventually took it out because it actually hurt more than it helped. We found having the fat sac and no one in the bow actually made a pretty surfable wave. Hope that helps.
Kansas City, MO
2011 242 VP 5.7 GXi (Sold)
2016 A25 VP 350 (Sold)
2020 R7 Surf VP 380 (Sold)
2022 R8 Surf VP 380
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 2019 R7 Surf Questions

Post by ajcampen »

bp4hawgs wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:43 pm I bought a 2019 R7 Surf. I’m adding tower speakers. The boat has the premium sound package. The tower has factor installed power and RGB wires from the factory. Does anyone know where these wires would terminate? Maybe behind amps or under the dash possibly??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also any tips on getting the surf wave better? Does adding lead bags or a wake shaper help any? Thanks!!!
Should be under north the seats backs on the port side of boat. Directly below the tower
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY