Cooler in R3 under Passenger Seat Fits Yeti Hopper Flip 18 Perfectly

(R3, R5, R7, R30, R35)
D16RR
Ensign
Ensign

Cooler in R3 under Passenger Seat Fits Yeti Hopper Flip 18 Perfectly

Post by D16RR »

So Ive had my R3 for several weeks and noticed that when i wanted to go out on the boat for a few hours, it became kind of pointless to fill up the built in coolers under the seats with ice for 5 or 6 of drinks.

Enter the Yeti Hopper Flip 18. Originally I was hoping to get a Hardsided Yeti 20 (Roadie) to fit under the passenger seat in the cooler area but quickly found that the Roadie was just to big. I did however, find that the Yeti Softsided Hopper Flip 18 fits perfectly under the passenger seat. Now i can simply load up the cooler at home and dump ice in it from my freezer. Lift up the passenger seat and insert the Hopper Flip 18.

At the end of my drive, I simply flip up the seat and remove the Yeti complete with ice/water and left over drinks. No mess, no fuss.

Just passing along some info incase anyone was contemplating something easier than messing with the built in coolers.
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Cooler in R3 under Passenger Seat Fits Yeti Hopper Flip 18 Perfectly

Post by tgrace98 »

Nice find! I’ve never been a fan of the built in coolers on boats. My 262 has them. Tried it once and the ice was all gone in a matter of 2 hours. I just use my head area to store a cooler while under way. I removed the Porta Potti and can fit any size cooler in there.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Tgrace I've had ice last in mine all day and some leftover the next morning!? That's interesting how different boate wre.
I use one side for drinks and the other for food when it's more than just the two of us.

A7 how do yours do with ice?
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
D16RR
Ensign
Ensign

Post by D16RR »

Yes, sometimes I just want to go out for a few hours and only need to bring maybe 6-8 drinks max. We may not drink them all, but its nice to be able to fill the portable cooler with just enough ice to keep those drinks cold and make for an easy cleanup and the end of the run.

If we are going out for a full day, Im definitely filling up those onboard coolers.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I'm just too cheap and can't bring myself to buy a yeti or other softsides. I know they work and are great. Maybe one day. I look at them everytime at the store but i just can't do it. Maybe .
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

My son gave me this for Christmas last year.
https://express.google.com/product/6324 ... 20National
We fill it up, carry it on and everything stays cold for the day. Pretty reasonabally priced. Actually, it does everything we need it to do.

Yeti's are the best. We have people who travel through and stock up at our store that say they can get two solid days out of a bag of ice.
Last year when I was shopping for a soft cooler, the only thing Yeti had on the shelves was a purse like cooler that looked very hard to store, and a design that cost a lot, but could carry very little.. That's why my kid bought me the Igloo instead.
The hopper flip must be new.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

I've had to boycott Yeti due their stance on gun control even though they're an Austin Company. I don't have an issue with they're position, but when a large portion of your clientel are hunters and fishermen it is a stupid move. Close competitor is the RTIC and it's cheaper.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Yea lots of people feeling that way driller.

I had Chrysler gift points so I just ordered a soft sided cooler. Not a yeti or rtsihytde brand they didn't offer those so we will see when it comes in. It looks similar to the one T posted. Hey it's free and free is always good.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

I have an RTIC softside to carry everything on the boat, then it gets stowed under the seat or in the head to get out of the way. Works good!

And good for you on your stance Driller. I had forgotten about that.
Guns and ammo for everyone!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Ytmsn wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:47 am I have an RTIC softside to carry everything on the boat, then it gets stowed under the seat or in the head to get out of the way. Works good!

And good for you on your stance Driller. I had forgotten about that.
Guns and ammo for everyone!
I mainly am boycotting them because I think it is a stupid corporate decision and shows a lack of respect for the people who built the company's rep. early on. Sure now they're a household brand, but earlier it was the hunters, campers, and fisherman who put them on the map.

They've just built a new storefront in downtown Austin in order to sell to that crowd. No telling what the property alone cost them. So you can see the path they plotted going forward.
"DIGGIN' IT"
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Ytmsn wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:04 am Tgrace I've had ice last in mine all day and some leftover the next morning!? That's interesting how different boate wre.
I use one side for drinks and the other for food when it's more than just the two of us.

Same on mine when I use it. Load noon one day and there is still ice the next morning in +100 deg heat.
"DIGGIN' IT"
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Driller wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:09 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:04 am Tgrace I've had ice last in mine all day and some leftover the next morning!? That's interesting how different boate wre.

Same on mine when I use it. Load noon one day and there is still ice the next morning in +100 deg heat.
+1
Although we never fill the onboard ice cooler chest with ice...we use the swim platform cooler for that purpose. Lasts all day.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
D16RR
Ensign
Ensign

Post by D16RR »

Driller wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:37 am I've had to boycott Yeti due their stance on gun control even though they're an Austin Company. I don't have an issue with they're position, but when a large portion of your clientel are hunters and fishermen it is a stupid move. Close competitor is the RTIC and it's cheaper.
Ugh!!! You are right! I should have bought RTIC.
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Like T . I'm mixed about the cooler. From just me and the wife to a gaggle of peeps you do need options . Igloos are still great ! And they fin underseat too.

Day 2 ice with 100 deg temps and lid off 30 times. I'm like you guys.. keep it simple ( it's not like we're boating on a episode of "Survivor " :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

cmattj wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:05 pm Like T . I'm mixed about the cooler. From just me and the wife to a gaggle of peeps you do need options . Igloos are still great ! And they fin underseat too.

Day 2 ice with 100 deg temps and lid off 30 times. I'm like you guys.. keep it simple ( it's not like we're boating on a episode of "Survivor " :D
I also find it amazing that Cobalt offered a powered "ice cooler chest" for that compartment as well Matt.....especially for how well she keeps ice cold without that option.

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)