(R3, R5, R7, R30, R35)
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Re: My New R3 Has Arrived

Post by cmattj »

NautiGirl wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:55 pm
cmattj wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:49 pm
Be nervous! As that’s part of the focus and excitement!
You know what helps /w nerves? Lemonade.
You had me at lemon😎
ajcampen wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:13 pm Great looking boat....maybe I need to upgrade.....hmmmm....wife would kill me
Possibly lemonade before the proposed upgrade :lol:
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by BobRae99 »

cmattj wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:49 pm Wow Bob.. and here we are with a Stunning R3. That really is sharp and I look for more pics!
Have fun!
Be nervous! As that’s part of the focus and excitement!
Hi cmattj,

A few more pictures:
IMG_2233.jpeg
IMG_2234.jpeg
IMG_2237.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2019 Cobalt R3 - V8/350 - Ebony Hull w/ Knock Out Red Edge Stripe
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by BobRae99 »

One last one. I love how smooth the black side looks. I'm told that most boat manufacturers won't do a black hull due to distortion from the mould process. The Cobalt process doesn't make a perfectly smooth black hull, but it is pretty darn good - to my eye. :)

IMG_2240.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ColinC
Captain
Captain

Post by ColinC »

Gorgeous boat. Congrats BobRae!

I hope you have a good bottle of champagne picked out for the christening next week...
2007 Cobalt 212 with 5.7L Volvo gi
Toronto, Canada
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by BobRae99 »

ColinC wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:47 pm Gorgeous boat. Congrats BobRae!

I hope you have a good bottle of champagne picked out for the christening next week...
Can I use Sprite? I don't drink much. Plus it will have to be in a plastic bottle so when i smash it alongside the hull, it doesn't leave scratch marks :)
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Wow she’s sharp! I really like the platform on the R series. I do wonder why they put the HIN tag on The starboard platform now? seems it would get rubbed off? ( get a spare from Cobalt) .
You optioned it nicely Bob. Transom speakers and the Tower! Perfect
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by BobRae99 »

cmattj wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:22 pm Wow she’s sharp! I really like the platform on the R series. I do wonder why they put the HIN tag on The starboard platform now? seems it would get rubbed off? ( get a spare from Cobalt) .
You optioned it nicely Bob. Transom speakers and the Tower! Perfect
The plate looks to be metal and is riveted on, but it could also be plastic - I'll have to look at it more closely. I'm thinking they must have another place in the hull to which a HIN plate is mounted, but I think coast guard rules require it where it is? It's in the same spot on our 2016 Sea-Doo.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Can't wait till you go there tomorrow and get us interior pictures.. Are you there yet!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by BobRae99 »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:36 pm Can't wait till you go there tomorrow and get us interior pictures.. Are you there yet!
Actually, I won't be back to see the boat until it is delivered. We have a large family event starting Friday (through Sunday) and the dealer is closed Friday through Monday for the Canada Day long weekend. I can post pictures on Tuesday though after I get it into its slip. :)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

BobRae99 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:09 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:36 pm Can't wait till you go there tomorrow and get us interior pictures.. Are you there yet!
Actually, I won't be back to see the boat until it is delivered. We have a large family event starting Friday (through Sunday) and the dealer is closed Friday through Monday for the Canada Day long weekend. I can post pictures on Tuesday though after I get it into its slip. :)
Just make sure you back it in bow first 😂😂😂👌
Can't wait for pictures. Is it here yet?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Tuesday should be very exciting for you, and your family!
These are the moments that I miss about boat shopping . ! Like a first date... like a .. never mind my coffee isn’t all in.
Can’t wait to hear the Delivery tutorial!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

cmattj wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:27 am
Tuesday should be very exciting for you, and your family!
These are the moments that I miss about boat shopping . ! Like a first date... like a .. never mind my coffee isn’t all in.
Can’t wait to hear the Delivery tutorial!
you have some of the best post....i like where you were going her on firsts
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

Pictures? You have a GoPro lets see some video!

Katie now records every bit of our lake trips, it should be great when I am in the retirement home and can't remember my own name let alone our time on the lake.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Merc Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L - Sold
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by sailor55330 »

She's a beauty. I have a black R3 and when they are clean, they pop on the water. They shine like crazy, but if you are like me, every little scratch, smudge, etc, will drive you absolutely crazy (then again, I clay bar and wax my cars at least once a month and they have never seen an automatic car wash) One thing I noticed though, they make the hull look smaller. My neighbor across the street just got a new R3 Surf and it's got the white hull. It look huge compared to mine. And no, I haven't told him about the site because I don't know him and the are literally never outside!
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by BobRae99 »

sailor55330 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:04 am She's a beauty. I have a black R3 and when they are clean, they pop on the water. They shine like crazy, but if you are like me, every little scratch, smudge, etc, will drive you absolutely crazy (then again, I clay bar and wax my cars at least once a month and they have never seen an automatic car wash) One thing I noticed though, they make the hull look smaller. My neighbor across the street just got a new R3 Surf and it's got the white hull. It look huge compared to mine. And no, I haven't told him about the site because I don't know him and the are literally never outside!
Thanks Sailor, I spent a fair bit of time before the production date going back and forth on colour. In the end it was down to navy or black, but to me the navy isn't really true navy, seems to be some aqua ,mixed in which I didn't care for, but everyone has different tastes. I don't thing the edge strip stands out in pictures as much as in person, but there is less contrast ration red-black, than say yellow-black (which I considered), but of the options I was considering this seemed to be the best. Hopefully I won't let the scuffs and scratches drive me nuts. :)