Officially sick of winter..

(non-boating; no politics!)
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Officially sick of winter..

Post by tgrace98 »

the trees are starting to bloom here in St. Louis as well. I am sure we will have a cold snap and they will all die again. Hopefully not I get terrible seasonal allergies in the spring so I'd hate to have to go through all this again.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Tuscany wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:50 pm
liquid wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:07 am YT - what say the trees?

Congrats A7!

Tusc - I hate this.
It’s coming bro... At least I keep telling myself that..🥴🤣
Yesterday was nice. Waiting to finish the pool and get the boat out is like a kick in the nads after a punch in the stomach.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

A kick in the nads with a pointy boot LOL.
The wait on the pool finish will be well worth it. By June, the backfill should be in great shape for the last vibration roller run for compaction and then concrete. You don’t want to do the concrete again in five years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Tuscany wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:43 am A kick in the nads with a pointy boot LOL.
The wait on the pool finish will be well worth it. By June, the backfill should be in great shape for the last vibration roller run for compaction and then concrete. You don’t want to do the concrete again in five years.
No. No I don't. Glad I waited. He's coming friday to make sure the layout is how I want it... so you know what that means. Of course I'm not certain.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

JMO, I might wait a bit before pouring, obviously there is a ton of water in the ground, and settling leads to cracks. Of course you would love to see it finished, but be very careful.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by MnLakeBum »

I am super done with winter although March has been an easy one so far. It's always tough waiting for the lake ice to melt when I haven't seen my boats or jet skis since October 12th. It does look like we will at least have normal or above temps this month so maybe the ice out dates will be a week or two earlier than normal. In the meantime, we are headed to Florida on March 19th for 10 days and I'm headed back for a boys golf weekend on April 2nd. I'll rent a boat for a few days and get a little satisfaction on the water.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

We've already got jet skis, fishing boats, and a couple die hard wake boats on the lakes. It's still pretty low, though the melt is bringing it up fast. I'm pulling the boat out of the back lot and putting it in the driveway this weekend to do some work on the trailer and pull the throttle body to replace the IAC,TPS, and clean everything good. Still chasing the extra RPMs the Whipple tune is supposed to give me...
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

MnLakeBum wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:25 am I am super done with winter although March has been an easy one so far. It's always tough waiting for the lake ice to melt when I haven't seen my boats or jet skis since October 12th. It does look like we will at least have normal or above temps this month so maybe the ice out dates will be a week or two earlier than normal. In the meantime, we are headed to Florida on March 19th for 10 days and I'm headed back for a boys golf weekend on April 2nd. I'll rent a boat for a few days and get a little satisfaction on the water.
I flew into and out of Minneapolis last weekend. I'll say you have way less snow and ice then we do have here. All of the rain and the wind coming this weekend is going to open things up.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by MnLakeBum »

Big Block Power wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:58 pm
MnLakeBum wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:25 am I am super done with winter although March has been an easy one so far. It's always tough waiting for the lake ice to melt when I haven't seen my boats or jet skis since October 12th. It does look like we will at least have normal or above temps this month so maybe the ice out dates will be a week or two earlier than normal. In the meantime, we are headed to Florida on March 19th for 10 days and I'm headed back for a boys golf weekend on April 2nd. I'll rent a boat for a few days and get a little satisfaction on the water.
I flew into and out of Minneapolis last weekend. I'll say you have way less snow and ice then we do have here. All of the rain and the wind coming this weekend is going to open things up.
Almost no snow except by the pool on the north side of our house. :D

Golf course view today vs. my pool/smoker area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Exactly. rained hard here the last 2 days. They are saying
40mph winds this weekend so that's a huge bonus. Help dry out and help move the ice.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!