Cool You Tube Channels for Shelter in Place (SIP)

(non-boating; no politics!)
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Cool You Tube Channels for Shelter in Place (SIP)

Post by Motex2011 »

I tend to get lost on YouTube and there are so many options. Lately, I have just started to follow the recommended videos on my feed and here is a cool one about a family from Texas (Dallas I think) who decided to sail around the world with their four kids. They started on a monohull sailboat and then changed to a Catamaran that looks pretty cool. I haven't watched the whole series, but I have watched several videos and it is definitely interesting to see the good, the bad, and the ugly of doing something like this.

This one popped up today and it seemed like a good starting point for someone who is looking for something to take up their time. This is a 4,000 mile trip across the Pacific and they talk about their systems, catch some fish, fool with some sails and kind of show what it is like to do something like this.

There are a few others that I have watched that are kind of cool like Sailing LaVagabond which is a younger couple who just had a baby and are still sailing all over. I can't imagine doing that, but their hard work at capturing their adventures is interesting and better than watching Covid-19 news reports.

Anyone have any other channels that the find interesting or entertaining channels about boating or sailing? Please Share.

2015 Marker One M27
300 HP Mercury Verado outboard

Golden Retriever (Bailey), Flat Coated Retriever (Sadie)
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Cool You Tube Channels for Shelter in Place (SIP)

Post by Bfun220 »

Motex2011 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:05 pm I can't imagine doing that, but their hard work at capturing their adventures is interesting and better than watching Covid-19 news reports.

Anyone have any other channels that the find interesting or entertaining channels about boating or sailing?
Yes, way more interesting than the news reports.

There are a couple of channels that I've watched, but can't recall what they are. I'll have to look them up later.
2018 r5
2003 220
XLI
Commander
Commander

Post by XLI »

There are a couple of channels where people recorded their trips along the eastern seaboard / intercoastal. One guy (3Dsailor) goes through his restoration of a 17ft Boston Whaler and then takes you along on the trip - New England to Florida. Pretty cool stuff. There are several other channels that make this trip as well, but doing it in a 17 footer is amazing. I also enjoy watching the jet boaters that make their annual trips from FL to Bimini Bahamas.
'20 CS22
Merc 6.2 B3
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Yes I've also seen a few of those. Also the jet ski ones to Bahamas. Pretty crazy.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

XLI wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:10 am There are a couple of channels where people recorded their trips along the eastern seaboard / intercoastal. One guy (3Dsailor) goes through his restoration of a 17ft Boston Whaler and then takes you along on the trip - New England to Florida. Pretty cool stuff. There are several other channels that make this trip as well, but doing it in a 17 footer is amazing. I also enjoy watching the jet boaters that make their annual trips from FL to Bimini Bahamas.
I need to check that channel out. I love boat restoration stuff.
2015 Marker One M27
300 HP Mercury Verado outboard

Golden Retriever (Bailey), Flat Coated Retriever (Sadie)