Unprecedented Times

(non-boating; no politics!)
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Unprecedented Times

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:09 pm They take care of themselves all the time. And they did quite well.
..........$25,000,000 / 435 house of representatives well. Feel free to do the math for their six month raise. ;)

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

AsLan7 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:20 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:09 pm They take care of themselves all the time. And they did quite well.
..........$25,000,000 / 435 house of representatives well. Feel free to do the math for their six month raise. ;)

Yea I guess cleaning the white house got a big increase also to use clorox wipes. Same with the police for doing the same job they were doing.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:59 am Good luck on boating in IL

https://www.dailyherald.com/amp-article ... 200429208/
WOW. :shock:
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
mdadgar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mdadgar »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:43 pm Same with the police for doing the same job they were doing.
Same job but much higher risk right now.

- Mark
2013 Cobalt A25, 6.0 VP 380hp "More Cowbell"
Monte Sereno, CA (winter) | Lake Don Pedro (summer)
Boats are for when I'm not racing cars
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

mdadgar wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:01 am
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:43 pm Same with the police for doing the same job they were doing.

- Mark
I'm just thinking the police at the white house not our police.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
mdadgar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mdadgar »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:08 am

- Mark
Oh! Yeah, never mind then. I agree.

- Mark
2013 Cobalt A25, 6.0 VP 380hp "More Cowbell"
Monte Sereno, CA (winter) | Lake Don Pedro (summer)
Boats are for when I'm not racing cars
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

mdadgar wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:09 am
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:08 am

- Mark
Oh! Yeah, never mind then. I agree.

- Mark
Right 👍
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

AsLan7 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:00 am
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:59 am Good luck on boating in IL

https://www.dailyherald.com/amp-article ... 200429208/
WOW. :shock:
I live in IL and we do ALOT of dumb stuff but this is one of the biggest headscratchers I've ever seen. What if you have more than 2 people in family. Just asinine. Thank God I boat in MO.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Yeah, it's been flip-flopping back and fourth all week...Prickster is a moron, and an Illinois Supreme Court Judge already overruled his extended stay at home order as unconstitutional. It's up to the local cities and towns to decide when to phase back into normal life, and the FWA already defined the rules for the Chain. So my family of 4 can get in a car and drive around, no problem, but 4 people on a boat? Nah, that's not safe. Idiot. He's already flip-flopped twice saying it only applied to lakes at state parks, then came back and said 'I mean it applies to all boating'. Local representatives are calling him out on his stupidity, it should be resolved by Friday. What I CAN tell you is my family will be on the boat, and if I had to guess everyone else's will be too. That arrogant ass doesn't even boat in Illinois, both his ~$800k boats are slipped up on Lake Geneva, in fact he just got a speeding ticket on his custom woody (35mph speed limit on weekends and holidays) a couple weeks before the stay home order went into effect. :roll:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

Recall
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Snowman73
Commander
Commander

Post by Snowman73 »

akorcovelos wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:05 pm Yeah, it's been flip-flopping back and fourth all week...Prickster is a moron, and an Illinois Supreme Court Judge already overruled his extended stay at home order as unconstitutional. It's up to the local cities and towns to decide when to phase back into normal life, and the FWA already defined the rules for the Chain. So my family of 4 can get in a car and drive around, no problem, but 4 people on a boat? Nah, that's not safe. Idiot. He's already flip-flopped twice saying it only applied to lakes at state parks, then came back and said 'I mean it applies to all boating'. Local representatives are calling him out on his stupidity, it should be resolved by Friday. What I CAN tell you is my family will be on the boat, and if I had to guess everyone else's will be too. That arrogant ass doesn't even boat in Illinois, both his ~$800k boats are slipped up on Lake Geneva, in fact he just got a speeding ticket on his custom woody (35mph speed limit on weekends and holidays) a couple weeks before the stay home order went into effect. :roll:

Think they will call DCFS if I leave my three year old home cause only two people were allowed on the boat? It’s so rediculous. It’s ok to go to the store - entire family and wear a mask but you can’t go on the boat with your immediate family. Rant done.
2019 R5 Navy w/ KO Red - LilliPad
Lake Delavan
Snowman73
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Snowman73 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:06 pm
akorcovelos wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:05 pm Yeah, it's been flip-flopping back and fourth all week...Prickster is a moron, and an Illinois Supreme Court Judge already overruled his extended stay at home order as unconstitutional. It's up to the local cities and towns to decide when to phase back into normal life, and the FWA already defined the rules for the Chain. So my family of 4 can get in a car and drive around, no problem, but 4 people on a boat? Nah, that's not safe. Idiot. He's already flip-flopped twice saying it only applied to lakes at state parks, then came back and said 'I mean it applies to all boating'. Local representatives are calling him out on his stupidity, it should be resolved by Friday. What I CAN tell you is my family will be on the boat, and if I had to guess everyone else's will be too. That arrogant ass doesn't even boat in Illinois, both his ~$800k boats are slipped up on Lake Geneva, in fact he just got a speeding ticket on his custom woody (35mph speed limit on weekends and holidays) a couple weeks before the stay home order went into effect. :roll:

Think they will call DCFS if I leave my three year old home cause only two people were allowed on the boat? It’s so rediculous. It’s ok to go to the store - entire family and wear a mask but you can’t go on the boat with your immediate family. Rant done.
Good point. I like the leaving the 3year at home. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Snowman73
Commander
Commander

Post by Snowman73 »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:36 pm
Snowman73 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:06 pm

Good point. I like the leaving the 3year at home. Lol
Seems logical.
2019 R5 Navy w/ KO Red - LilliPad
Lake Delavan
Snowman73
willyswagon
Captain
Captain

Post by willyswagon »

Things are really opening up around here. Marinas got the go ahead to put the docks together, and allow members on site to work on, and tend to their boats once in the water. The marnas must come up with new protocals to prevent groups from getting together on the docks, or in the clubhouses.

Everyone is going nuts trying to get their boat out of storage, and in the water. Sales are booming as people are realizing it's time to stay local and enjoy themselves. In the last 2 weeks my buddies sold 2 Sea Ray 400 SLX, and a Sea Ray 350 as well as some "smaller boats".

Just as we found out in 2008........People with money, shop for deals at times like this!

To put it all in focus. Today's water temp 37F, air temp will go to a high of 53F. :shock:
2014 26 SD
6.0L 380 Volvo
"STRAIT SHOTS"