Unprecedented Times

(non-boating; no politics!)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Unprecedented Times

Post by Big Block Power »

willyswagon wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:33 am Things are really opening up around here. Marinas got the go ahead to put the docks together, and allow members on site to work on, and tend to their boats once in the water. The marnas must come up with new protocals to prevent groups from getting together on the docks, or in the clubhouses.

Everyone is going nuts trying to get their boat out of storage, and in the water. Sales are booming as people are realizing it's time to stay local and enjoy themselves. In the last 2 weeks my buddies sold 2 Sea Ray 400 SLX, and a Sea Ray 350 as well as some "smaller boats".

Just as we found out in 2008........People with money, shop for deals at times like this!

To put it all in focus. Today's water temp 37F, air temp will go to a high of 53F. :shock:
That's good WW.
People with money still have it and want to play. You guys up there are a bit behind us as well with this virus too I believe.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by kas232ca »

willyswagon wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:33 am Things are really opening up around here. Marinas got the go ahead to put the docks together, and allow members on site to work on, and tend to their boats once in the water. The marnas must come up with new protocals to prevent groups from getting together on the docks, or in the clubhouses.

Everyone is going nuts trying to get their boat out of storage, and in the water. Sales are booming as people are realizing it's time to stay local and enjoy themselves. In the last 2 weeks my buddies sold 2 Sea Ray 400 SLX, and a Sea Ray 350 as well as some "smaller boats".

Just as we found out in 2008........People with money, shop for deals at times like this!

To put it all in focus. Today's water temp 37F, air temp will go to a high of 53F. :shock:
37 degrees still...brrr.

My grandparents were from Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia and I recall them saying PEI had a warm water current certain times of the year.
You live in my favorite part of Canada. Beautiful scenery and great people.
2006 Cobalt 232 8.1 420hp.
Lake Havasu, AZ
willyswagon
Captain
Captain

Post by willyswagon »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:04 am

That's good WW.
People with money still have it and want to play. You guys up there are a bit behind us as well with this virus too I believe.
Negative on the virus timing. According to records, it hit both countries about the same time. We were locked down quicker and harder, therefore it didn't overly get out of control .

Just staring the opening up of some things now in phases. It will take months before it will get back to anything resembling normal. And did you hear the good news?

7 months till snowmobiling season! ;)
2014 26 SD
6.0L 380 Volvo
"STRAIT SHOTS"
willyswagon
Captain
Captain

Post by willyswagon »

kas232ca wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:37 pm

37 degrees still...brrr.

My grandparents were from Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia and I recall them saying PEI had a warm water current certain times of the year.
We are know for the warmest waters North of Fla. Even if it is only for about 20 days a yr :roll:

Tatamagouche is about 63 NM from here. A great run on a nice day. It would be even better with a bigger fuel tank! :twisted:
2014 26 SD
6.0L 380 Volvo
"STRAIT SHOTS"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

WW that is not good news. And I don't miss it at all. Arctic Cat can stay up in the arctic.
Buy a dam gas tank already!!!!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
willyswagon
Captain
Captain

Post by willyswagon »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:50 pm WW that is not good news. And I don't miss it at all. Arctic Cat can stay up in the arctic.
Waiting for the fiberglass guy to have a look. If he thinks it's an easy fix, I'll do it come fall. If not, I'll look for another boat.

You guys stay safe down there!
2014 26 SD
6.0L 380 Volvo
"STRAIT SHOTS"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

willyswagon wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:05 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:50 pm WW that is not good news. And I don't miss it at all. Arctic Cat can stay up in the arctic.
Waiting for the fiberglass guy to have a look. If he thinks it's an easy fix, I'll do it come fall. If not, I'll look for another boat.

You guys stay safe down there!
You too bud. Enjoy your week off before you head back keeping us safe!!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Well back to work tomorrow. It's not like it was. 2 shifts 6 hours each and less pay. But the owner is doing a lot for us so it's all good. Actually I really don't want to go back but is what it is. The weather is going back to being like crap I tell you to have over a month off and have this many crappy days really sucked but oh well it could be worse. Let's get this country back on track. Stay safe all!!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by kas232ca »

willyswagon wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:51 pm
kas232ca wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:37 pm

37 degrees still...brrr.

We are know for the warmest waters North of Fla. Even if it is only for about 20 days a yr :roll:

Tatamagouche is about 63 NM from here. A great run on a nice day. It would be even better with a bigger fuel tank! :twisted:
I see. I guess I thought the warm water was year-round. I bet that is a nice trip over to Tatamagouche.

A relative of mine is featured in a museum there: https://www.tatamagoucheheritagecentre.ca/anna-swan/
Lake Havasu, AZ
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yt went to this testing site!!
He was the first in line.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

From what I hear that may be less painful than the nasal swab! 😜
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Haha! BB the advantage of being first in line was knowing they had a fresh swab. But when you went through? 😄 Yeah, not so sure...
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ytmsn wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:45 pm Haha! BB the advantage of being first in line was knowing they had a fresh swab. But when you went through? 😄 Yeah, not so sure...
Good point!!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by kas232ca »

Hey A7...

Thinking of you. How are you doing? I'm guessing that you are way more affected by this mess than a lot of us here. Are you getting any trips?

A buddy of mind flies (used to anyway) for Alaska. Alaska is offering 6 months to 2 years' leaves. 60% pay with full benefits including retirement.
Lake Havasu, AZ
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

kas232ca wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:39 am Hey A7...

Thinking of you. How are you doing? I'm guessing that you are way more affected by this mess than a lot of us here. Are you getting any trips?

A buddy of mind flies (used to anyway) for Alaska. Alaska is offering 6 months to 2 years' leaves. 60% pay with full benefits including retirement.
Hey thanks for the inquiry K232.

Yes, we are doing well considering these unprecedented times. Our company has offered very generous extended leaves of absences as well as voluntary separation packages. I’m looking at all options on the table. Honestly I absolutely love what I do and would greatly miss it if I chose to leave. Plus our schedule is very flexible as Pilots. Overall it’s great to have options. It would be fun to take a leave of absence and travel the country with Cobalt in tow. :mrgreen:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)