"popping" noise

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
BHD
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

"popping" noise

Post by BHD »

I have an 2021 R6 Surf with the premium sound system. I recently (in the last 1-2 weeks) started developing a "popping" noise in stereo system. 1st time it happened I lost all but one zone. Cycled the battery and everything seemed normal. Since then the popping noise is happening. The popping sound seems to be coming from all the speakers and seemed to be more frequent the last time I had the boat out. Any ideas? Thanks is advance.
rabiddawg
Captain
Captain

Re: "popping" noise

Post by rabiddawg »

Stop playing rap 😜

Sorry.
2003 262 8.1 Volvo
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Post by Lifelongbtr »

I had this issue today, Roswell setup, I hear static from one speaker, along with music, at louder volumes popping, shortly after I get only static. In my case I found it’s the amp itself. I checked connections at the speaker, good, swapped the speaker to another output on the amp, no static, no popping, put it back and all I hear is static. Also swapped inputs to the amp, no change. I think the amp is a 5 channel, 4 speakers one sub, and it lost one channel on the speakers. Not sure what the warranty on the amp is…
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Lifelongbtr wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:32 am I had this issue today, Roswell setup, I hear static from one speaker, along with music, at louder volumes popping, shortly after I get only static. In my case I found it’s the amp itself. I checked connections at the speaker, good, swapped the speaker to another output on the amp, no static, no popping, put it back and all I hear is static. Also swapped inputs to the amp, no change. I think the amp is a 5 channel, 4 speakers one sub, and it lost one channel on the speakers. Not sure what the warranty on the amp is…
I thought the Cobalt warranty on new boats would be bumper to bumper, I mean bow to stern?
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS