RGB(W) Lighting Controller

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
tbully
Commander
Commander

RGB(W) Lighting Controller

Post by tbully »

Hello All -

I'm thinking about upgrading my R7's RGB lighting control for both the interior lights as well as the OceanLED underwater lights.

Best case would be an integration to the Garmin panels. However, I would consider just a Bluetooth controller from a phone. I'm not interested in dash mounting, cutting holes, etc.

I assume that I will have to replace the existing underwater lights.

The OceanLED color is controlled by "pulsing" the switch at the helm. Pain. The interior lights use a rotary controller which is lightly less of a pain but still not up to modern standards.

Has anyone tackled this? Thoughts on products/brands?
2017 R7 6.0 430 VP
2019 R7 6.2 430 VP
distinguishedmotors
Ensign
Ensign

Re: RGB(W) Lighting Controller

Post by distinguishedmotors »

fusion has an RGB+W controller that i believe is NMEA2k compatible.IIRC, this has the ability to change the white color too, if you light are compatible.

Shadow Caster also makes an RGB+W controller and its N2k compatible with a dongle/adapter.

JL makes a good unit with low noise but it doesn't do white. Its wifi controllable and also comes with a plain old rotary knob
2006 Cobalt 343 with twin 525s. Big. And Fast.
Boat Sales, Brokerage, and Marine Audio solutions by day.
tbully
Commander
Commander

Re: RGB(W) Lighting Controller

Post by tbully »

Thanks, Distinguished!

I've seen (online) both the Fusion and Shadow Caster but no firsthand experiences. Perhaps I'll give them a call and dig deeper. I can't recall off-hand but, the more I think about it, I think the R Series just has RGB anyway. So perhaps the JL would work too.
2017 R7 6.0 430 VP
2019 R7 6.2 430 VP